DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep, 2018 will support carplay and android auto. I don't know if there will be a way to add that ability to the older trucks.

Didn't know you could buy Rams in Belgium
when I was shopping for a Denali I learned the 2015 did not have carpal but there was a company selling the new modules that you could retrofit into your truck and have the updated factory system with carplay. I suspect once the 2018 ram comes out with it the option will become available to us as well.

I love the carplay in my wife's Q5 and will certainly look into the retrofit next year.

EDIT: as I was saying.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_pYtkZCuo

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can anyone provide an update on the validity of this video? If I understand it correctly, it appears we can get a USB hub for a 2017 Challenger, install it in a 2017 Ram, and Apple CarPlay will work? (Not Siri EyesFree; Apple CarPlay)
Oh no, that is not it at all. You need the entire 2018 system. There are three or four components and it's pricey, like $1800.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.