DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend recently purchased a 1999 Ram 1500-series 5.2-liter Quad Cab Sport as-is at an auction in New Jersey. It is missing the overhead console. He knows that there are multiple overhead console versions, some with temperature display, garage door openers, etc. Are they all wired the same from the factory? In other words, are the various 1999 overhead consoles all plug-and-play with the factory electrical connectors so it will not matter which overhead console he is able to find and purchase on eBay to install himself?

·
Banned
7,846 Posts
I'm pretty sure they all have the same wire harness if that's what you're asking.

Weather the specific components will work is contingent on the accessories it came equipped with. The footprint from 97 and up should also be the same.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I think they do they are basicly the same the only thing that changes is the ddisplay panel. That's if you need one or not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The footprint from 97 and up should also be the same.
How sure are you on this? I have an '01 with a broken sunglass compartment and seeing as the compartment is much too shallow for any of my sunglasses and I don't park in the garage, my console is useless. I'd rather install a '98 version which basically consists of a nice big shelf and the lights...

If anyone has done this or knows if it will work please let me know! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I just pulled one for my 99. ( I didnt check what year I pulled from) but this one is longer and has a sunglass compartment also, still has the display and 2 button so I think it will swap nicely, I will plug it in to see if the display works before I cut the liner to fit. I also got the backing tray for it ( glad I did ) $11 at the salvage yard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts