Votes: 34 7.8%
  • should've waited, just bought a 2012

Votes: 43 9.9%
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The new 2013 Ram is coming. Are you ready to buy one?

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Nope, won't be pulling the trigger on a new Ram until 2016. I need to hold onto Big Red for at least 5 years.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, won't be pulling the trigger on a new Ram until 2016. I need to hold onto Big Red for at least 5 years.
I am on the same boat, I got my 2012 and I am very happy with it. I need to hold to it for another 5 years at least too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
no, but some of the new features are tempting. Torqueflite 8sp and updated gauge cluster in particular.

·
Registered
310 Posts
No, but maybe a 2014, 2015,lol Let some bugs get worked out. I love most all the new features, should put the RAM further ahead of the competition,IMO.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yup! I like my 2011, but it is lacking a lot of options I would have liked to have because of financing issues at the time I purchased it. Won't have those problems this time around, so I can get the truck I really want!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nope. Just got my '12 two weeks ago.

The only feature on the '13 that I think is notable for me is the multiple ride height/air bag deal......It would be nice to be abelto have extra ground clearance off road and then hit a switch and drop back down for the highway.

The rest of the new features dont matter much to me......and the looks are exactly the same.

Moreover, some of the other new technology, like the stop and start deal, I eye with a bit of skepticism.....first, from the reliability side --- if the engine stops and instantly starts every time you come to a red light or in traffic, for someone commuting that could be 100 or more stops/starts....maybe I just dont understand the technology (I dont) but I want to control when the engine runs or doesnt...seems like that could be a major vulnerability as the truck ages. But more importantly (LOL) I like sitting at a light hearing the engine idle.....its part of the driving experience. If I wanted to drive a golf cart I would buy one....LOL

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Yeah I think I may want to see if there are any bugs that need to be worked out....Truck looks great though......

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I bought my 2011, I intentionally got a bare-bones SLT just to be sure I liked the truck. Well, I love it, so my next one will be a loaded Sport (assuming they don't change the trim levels). I'm going to have to study up on this "start-stop" thing though...if that's standard and can't be turned off (surely they wouldn't do that), I'll never buy one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nope. Way too many electrical gremlins lurking in the mist. I could probably be persuaded if the bugs worked out pretty well before the 2015 models hit the ground though.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Nope. Knowing I'll be keeping this truck for 10+ it's a given that shiney new models will be coming out a few times that they will try to tempt me with. I LOVE my 12' and will for a long time :)

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
I'm going to keep my third gen and wait until the fifth gen is released. The fourth just doesn't wow me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nope! I'm happy with my 2011 and can't wait to do some mod's to it. If I really wanted the 2013 I could blow a butt load of money on that fancy new touchscreen, but then again what for?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Personally I don't know what to thing of the new dash outlay, the materials look good but the new gauges and info screen have to grow on me. And just like everybody says, let them fix the bugs first and they need to get rid of the gear knob.... I mean it is a truck, not a luxury sedan. What really jumps out for me is the new suspension with the ride hight adjustment, I really want to have that! But for now i'll stick to my 2010 RCSB HEMI, it runs strong and is good looking

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'll see the 2500 Mega cabs(gasser) and then make my decision. My 1500 is seven months old. One great rig so far.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I don't like the EVIC display, my '09 EVIC is good enough
Rotary shifter just isn't me
All those switches in the center console would be a hassle, that area is way too complicated
Electrically controlled steering could become a major issue, how would you steer if you had a power loss

I see the center console with bucket seats becoming a instant MOD zone, that will be a huge empty space, a small electric motor that pushes your laptop up to a usable position, with a pivot type swivel on it, for all the time that i am on standby at a job site
or a good spot to put a cooler for a sandwich & soft drinks, instead of having it on the floor on the passenger side

1 - 20 of 207 Posts