DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about purchasing a different CAI...
Reviews on Volant look good, and I really like the way it looks, but looking for real world info from the owners on here!.....

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I like my volant intake a lot. It looks good and I feel at least a small difference in power. No change in MPG though because I can't keep my foot out of it..:doh:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply
How was the install?
I think i saw a write up on here a while back about having filament issues

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Yeah it doesn't sit perfectly on the factory "intake" spot but it is tight against the wall. The install wasn't bad. Poor instructions but it's not hard to figure out at all.

Not the best picture by any means but this is what it looks like in my truck.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the look of the volant!
Just peeves me that it doesn't fit 100%
You would think, like the competition, that it woukd fit properly
Kind of doesn't make sense.....

·
Registered
896 Posts
I did a write up a little bit ago, might be mine you are thinking of. I did have issues with it not hooking up to the filaments, but with the snugness of it fitting in there is no issues with it at all. I love my Volant, really glad I decided to pull the trigger on it. Everyone seems to go with the K&N but I like to try different things and see how they work for me, this was one of those things and I am really happy with it.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the response
I ordered mine this afternoon so i am looking forward to getting it
Hopfully i won't smash things up too bad on the install
I do not have a lot of patients lol
I have had the aFe since i bought the truck. No complaints

·
Registered
896 Posts
It doesn't work on the patience all that bad actually, worst thing I had was getting the elbow into the filter. Which one did you order? I went with the PowerCore on mine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just installed my Volant CAI last Sunday. I posted some pictures of the installation in the "Knowledge Base" forum. I did have to fuss with it a little bit. One of the AC lines coming out the side of the rad sort had to be bent a little out of the way, and same with one the of heater hose lines. It too had to be bent downwards a bit from the firewall to make clearance for the intake tube. Very minor for both though.

The air box didn't quite seat down all the way to line up with the factory air hole in the fender well. The air box is about 3/4" high. In all though, it's not that bad. When the weather gets a little warmer, I'm going to fuss with it a bit more.

In all though, I am happy with it. I'm not an aggressive driver, so I saw an almost immediate ~1 mpg gain.

JJ

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yea the PowerCore is nice. Trust me ya won't regret it :smileup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts