DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for running boards or side steps to install on my 14 CC 4X4 Outdoorsman that don't stick out very far from the side of the truck. I think I have found some that may work. It's the Aries 3" Rocker Steps but curious if any has them on their truck and their review or comments on them?? also would like to see some pictures if can post some. Thanks

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Don't have them but wanted a set of steps that hugged the truck tight like rock rails.

Found the Westin HDX Drop Steps and I love them.

Westin also makes another product called the HDX Extreme Running Boards which are similar to my Drops Steps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3LEMOiJ_o

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joeyg, i have seen those and like them alot but my truck has stock wheels\tires and no lift or leveling. I'm afraid it won't look right if i go with the Westin HDX and not upgrade wheels\tires to something more aggressive looking. they look awesome on your truck..!

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac
1,503 Posts
Those tight steps are just asking to pile up salt/debris and rust the doors off. Are the HDX ones made of steel as well?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Joeyg, i have seen those and like them alot but my truck has stock wheels\tires and no lift or leveling. I'm afraid it won't look right if i go with the Westin HDX and not upgrade wheels\tires to something more aggressive looking. they look awesome on your truck..!
I haven't seen mine on an unmodified Ram, but I have seen the Westin HDX Extreme Running boards on a dark grey Ram 1500 Sport with the black wheels that was stock. They looked great on it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Those tight steps are just asking to pile up salt/debris and rust the doors off. Are the HDX ones made of steel as well?
They are made of steel.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
The Aries 4" round tubes don't stick out far, just a hair past stock 17 tires.
They are also aluminum and wrinkle black finish, look great and won't rust.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks fellas for all the input but now the waters are getting muddy with all the options....ugh.

I am planning to plasti dip my stock wheels black at the same time i add steps so it will tie everything together nicely...... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts