DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Audio Guys... Need Some Advice!

1580 Views 19 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  nYmPhMoBiLe08
Alright im ready to upgrade my stock 7 speaker infinity system but im gunna take it step by step. First thing i wanna do is just a plain speaker swap! Now i know stock sizes are 6x9 in front and the rears will take a 6.5 speaker but can i do 6.5's in the front and rear or should i stick to 6x9s in front? Im going with Kicker speakers! Can someone suggest a model over another? Thanks guys!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,095 Posts
GO with a headunit with a good EQ first, that will make the stock speakers much better to begin with.

Audio companys put their best technology into 6.5 component set and youll get your best bang for the buck doing away from 6x9s and into matched comp sets. Ive always been a kicker fan but recently Rockford has put out some of the better stuff in the 100-150 range.

· Registered
3,095 Posts
what do you mean work right? IDK about 3rd gens but in 4th gens its one adapter harness and go? I cant see it being more complicated on an older model?? :4-dontknow:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.