DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the dealer un-program / disable the autopark feature ? My 2016 didn't have it , I find it to be a nuisance when hooking up a trailer .

·
Registered
786 Posts
More than likely they CAN, but I was told last week by my Dealer Service Manager that once they enable something, they can't un-enable it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can the dealer un-program / disable the autopark feature ? My 2016 didn't have it , I find it to be a nuisance when hooking up a trailer .
If you need to move with the door opened, just buckle the belt in place before you enter the truck. That will fool the system and you can drive with the door opened

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
They won't and if I were them I wouldn't either. If they un enable it and that one guy runs himself over with his truck then they'll have to shell out a huge amount of money in a legal settlement.

But, you say, who runs themselves over with their own truck? There's a reason they're mandating auto park. That's the society we live in now-when something bad happens to someone its always somebody else's fault and they're entitled to money; and there's never a shortage of lawyers to make that a reality

·
Registered
771 Posts
They're defeating Darwinism with all this nanny-tech. Wanna know why there's so many idiots out on the road? They're alive because of the warning label on the toaster about not using it in the hot-tub, and because their truck won't let them run over themselves.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They won't and if I were them I wouldn't either. If they un enable it and that one guy runs himself over with his truck then they'll have to shell out a huge amount of money in a legal settlement.

But, you say, who runs themselves over with their own truck? There's a reason they're mandating auto park. That's the society we live in now-when something bad happens to someone its always somebody else's fault and they're entitled to money; and there's never a shortage of lawyers to make that a reality
My 2016 didn't have and I never ran myself over with it - lol If it were such a safety thing don't you think they would recall and program it into the older trucks ?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
My 2016 didn't have and I never ran myself over with it - lol If it were such a safety thing don't you think they would recall and program it into the older trucks ?
Don't poke the bear man, the more of this stuff that comes out the longer I plan on keeping my trusty 13

Reactions: Ric McC.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Plastic replaced steel & other metals inside of the cab for one reason, it was litigated that a vehicle owner was electrocuted when he touched something like a door or window handle in his vehicle after he ran over downed power wires

Ever since then we are surrounded by plastic in our vehicles

At least that is how the story goes :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
No names are used to protect the embarrassed one. It's not me, I don't fish. A "friend" was launching his bass boat by himself....................Long story short, he put it in "Park", got out, was hit by the door, knocked down and watched his RAM 1500 Quad cab 4X4 go into the lake. Do you know how far out in the lake your idling RAM hooked to a bass boat that was still hooked up to the trailer will go? Over a hundred feet from the boat ramp. He "swore" he had it in park............

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Always use the parking brake

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my Ram I Occasionally want to back with the door open, like backing onto service ramps I can’t see in the mirrors. One thing I discovered is all the features are automatically disabled in 4x4 low.

·
Registered
497 Posts
At least one person (I've heard of three) did die from his truck running over him. That's why the U07 recall. So many were refusing the recall they dropped it and incorporated into or with the AEM emissions update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the seatbelt extender for my wifes truck. Stays plugged in and you can still use the seatbelt. We use both of ours trucks on our property so depending on what we are backing up to, the auto park was a pain. Now its good to go whenever we are. I do have the Alfaobd app that Im going to try and see if it can turn it off as well. Its listed in the app but was told by fca it cant be turned off, but they were probablyy covering there butt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No names are used to protect the embarrassed one. It's not me, I don't fish. A "friend" was launching his bass boat by himself....................Long story short, he put it in "Park", got out, was hit by the door, knocked down and watched his RAM 1500 Quad cab 4X4 go into the lake. Do you know how far out in the lake your idling RAM hooked to a bass boat that was still hooked up to the trailer will go? Over a hundred feet from the boat ramp. He "swore" he had it in park............
He Probably DID HAVE IT IN PARK, How often did my truck slide down the driveway in the winter on ice... You have the truck on 4x4 LOCKED and as soon as you turn the shifter to PARK!!! 4x4 Is not LOCKED ANYMORE and only rear whells start sliding down the driveway apply the brakes and you stop the descent right away so you buddy probably had the truck in 4x4 in park and 4x4 released and slid down the slimy ramp!!! Do not rely on you 4x4 to stay on an incline if you needed 4x4 to climb it LOL I hope they get that fixed at one point but my guess is that the front 4x4 lock is activated with a 12V and as soon as you shut the truck down it releases the 4x4 auto pin...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got a seatbelt extender as recommended in one of the above posts , problem solved ! Amazing , I've been driving since 1965 and never needed an autopark on any of my vehicles , the youth of today need their vehicles " dummy-proof " I guess , lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts