DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm new at this but I need some help. I purchased a 2018 Ram 3500 dually limited longhorn. It came with the 5 aux switches on the dash but it does not have the pdc or anything under the hood for them. Also on the switch bank it has a button that is for alt trailer height that does nothing no light or any messages on the dash. The 5 aux switches at least light up but no messages on the dash. The dealer I bought the truck from said that Chrysler must have put the wrong switches in the truck.
Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Super Moderator
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,393 Posts
You should be able to look up the build sheet online at the RAM site using the VIN, and that would say whether the AUX switches were originally itemized. If they are included in the build sheet then I would argue that it's FCA's responsibility, obligation even, to render them functional and provide the upfitter's wiring kit that would normally come with that option, since you bought a truck with additional options incompletely installed.

If they are not on the build sheet, you'll likely have to procure the missing parts at your own expense. You don't say if you're the first owner, but if you are it's not easy to understand how the AUX switches got installed at the factory without all the other components necessary for them to work.

·
Super Moderator
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,393 Posts
Also, if the AUX switches were installed at the factory and programmed into the system, there should be a "commercial" menu item in the Settings menu, under which you should find the options for configuring the AUX switches in various ways. There will be an entry code to access the AUX switch config settings. The default access code from the factory is "0000". It is changeable, and if it has been changed, you'll need to get the dealer to reset it.
Switches 1 and 2 are set by default to draw power directly from the battery, and 3, 4 and 5 are powered from ACC condition. These are changeable, as are the operational modes for each - momentary, default to "off" or "on" or "last setting" upon restart etc.

Just FYI, I found the plastic bag containing the upfitter wiring connectors under the rear seat on the driver's side. The sales guy had no clue where it was supposed to be, nor did he have any idea at all what any of the wires and connectors were for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am the 1st owner of the truck. The instrument cluster does not have anything about commercial in any of the screens, nor does the Uconnect 4C Nav system. I have the window sticker an it does not say anything about the aux switches. I have not been able to see the build sheet yet. I do have the pictures off of the selling dealerships web site showing the dash with the aux switches there. I'm going to research the build sheet now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you find any solution to this issue? I have a 2016 3500 and the same problem (although I am the second owner).

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Did you find any solution to this issue? I have a 2016 3500 and the same problem (although I am the second owner).
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

·
Registered
504 Posts
You mentioned, "Also on the switch bank it has a button that is for alt trailer height that does nothing no light or any messages on the dash." What I'm told is that feature does nothing until you drop a trailer on the hitch ball.

The Aux Switches pods under the hood can be difficult to see. Page 4 of the att is a good picture of their location.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Aux Switches pods under the hood can be difficult to see.
I do not know about the original poster's vehicle, but in mine the auxiliary PDC is entirely absent. At least there is an aftermarket wiring harness linked above, but it would be nice to have a parts list for OEM equipment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts