DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, I'm new on this forum, and also in the US :)

I have a 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi ... 96000 miles (bought at 90000) and still perfect and reliable.

My question is : for my work I need to extend the autonomy of my Ram with an auxiliary tank (bed tank) with auto transfer.

i've seen many options ... but for diesel, and it seems that 1. legally 2. technically it's not possible (or very limited depending on the state) to have a bed gas tank.

If yes, what do you suggest ?
If not, what is the alternative (except jerrycans, I'm not really fan :)

Thanks !!

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
My2009,

It is not illegal to have an auxiliary tank for gasoline in the bed of your pickup truck.

It is illegal to have a direct connection between the auxiliary GAS tank & the trucks fuel system.

In my 2009 Dodge Ram i have one of the best 30 gallon auxiliary tanks on the market
30 Gallon Toolbox and Fuel Tank Combo

The 30 gallon fuel tank is constructed of 14-gauge aluminized steel and is mounted inside the shell of the bright aluminum diamond plate toolbox. The fuel fill access is on the driver’s side on the front of the toolbox. The locking storage compartment has over 6 cubic feet of storage space! It fits short bed and long bed pickups.

https://www.transferflow.com/fuel-tanks/toolbox-tank-combos

except for the color, mine looks like this, with the hose & nozzle, the electric pump gives it a good flow of gas

30 gallon toolbox and refueling tank combo
Diesel or gas
i believe it is part number 080-01-12975
191 lb

here is a different website with the price when new
http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/t....htm?popup=n&gclid=CP7hgvH0nc0CFceBfgod8zcEJA

Mine is going up for sale, only because i am selling the truck & my other truck is a 2016 Ram eco-diesel with twice the mileage per tank

this is it in the front of the 2009 Ram bed

Includes pump, hose, & nozzle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@GTYankee

Thanks !

Yes, that's the brand I was looking for.

It's flush with the bed (I will put a tonneau cover) ?

What's your price ?

Q : security wise (for 50% I use my Ram in the desert or in rough shaky or offroad tracks), except for not leaving it empty in the sun, what's the risk ?

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
I had it bolted through my trucks bed & a couple of fender washers on the bolts & then the nylock nuts.
That box didn't move, empty or full

I had a soft tonneau covering the bed, the tank was touching the soft cover

I need to get about 1/3 of the cost brand new, so $500.00 & i will drive 153 miles to meet you in Yuma

1 - 4 of 4 Posts