DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New to the forums, but the article I was referring to was in in truck trend,
And the x'd out part was truck trend dot com.

·
Premium Member
32,659 Posts
the 8 speeds for any engine size are on almost every dealership lot

currently on the Assembly line, they may be on hold for some reason, maybe they are not in current stock. They come from the ZF factory in Germany by ship.

Remember this about the 2013 Ram, it is not just the
Body style
Engine size
8 speed transmission, you don't want or need a 6 speed
rear differential ratio, 3.21, 3.55, or 3.92
but more then ever, pick your radio carefully, if you don't like it after you buy it, they are Not interchangeable. best to get one of the 8.4 a or an radios, the other 2 radios are not worth having

the 2014 Ram truck assembly starts in July

·
Registered
204 Posts
the 8 speeds for any engine size are on almost every dealership lot

currently on the Assembly line, they may be on hold for some reason, maybe they are not in current stock. They come from the ZF factory in Germany by ship.

Remember this about the 2013 Ram, it is not just the
Body style
Engine size
8 speed transmission, you don't want or need a 6 speed
rear differential ratio, 3.21, 3.55, or 3.92
but more then ever, pick your radio carefully, if you don't like it after you buy it, they are Not interchangeable. best to get one of the 8.4 a or an radios, the other 2 radios are not worth having

the 2014 Ram truck assembly starts in July
They have not built any HEMI 8-speed in 2WD at all yet. I ordered mine on Jan 15th and still in C status. Customer servive first said on hold until April.....then last i heard was not building any till June due to " supplier parts availability" with the transmission.
Why issues with the 2wd and not the 4wd? Dunno
also heard a rumor it was because of something to do with the MPG Rating from the EPA...still mo vlear answer

·
Registered
247 Posts
I should have said that sooner....I finally got my first email todayfor my truck being schefuled soon
When did you place your order Shane? I'm still awaiting my first email confirm from VOTS. Ordered last week (4/30)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts