DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see what everyone else is getting in terms of MPG's.

In town i'm averaging 13.8 (EVIC) and on the highway i'm averaging about 17 (EVIC).:4-dontknow: I have been driving it light to see if I can improved these numbers but they stay the same about anyway I drive it. These numbers just seem pretty low compared to some of the mpg's I have seen in other threads.

I have a 2011 Sport 4x4 and no mods yet. So, i'm interested to see what everyone else is getting and if anyone has any tips to get better MPG.

Note: I didn't buy the truck for MPG's but if I can get better i would like too. :smileup:

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I went from a 4.8 Yukon to a 2011 Ram Express.I know my mileage went down, but I love the extra power :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
driving about a 10 mile round trip to work everyday, i'm milking it for 12 city. i don't get above 45 mph on the entire trip...and if i hammer on it it hardly fluctuates. in my opinion it's the fact that at a red light, or when sitting still, it continues to read that it is sucking gas without moving....i can go outside and start mine with 13.5 on the ticker, and come back after 1 min to find it fell to 10.0...i guess that is "real" mpg considering it's still using fuel. i think my ticker is pretty accurate as long as you're not stopping continuously, i haven't calculated mpg by hand yet.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Agree. Now that it is colder, I use my remote start some days which means the truck sits at idle more. This definitely burns extra fuel so my mpg has been a little bit lower. Most of my driving is in town as well and I average about 13.5 mpg. That's driving conservatively most of the time but I don't hesitate to open it up either. Just not enough difference in fuel savings so why not enjoy the power, right? Going on my first big highway trip this weekend and will see how it does with cruise set at 75 mph for several hours.

·
Registered
157 Posts
13 city, 15 highway. If I drive at the "highway" speed, 55mph, used for the fuel economy tests I can get 18, but time is money.

·
Registered
248 Posts
On the highway I'm getting about 24mpg, overall I'm averaging 17mpg.
Holy cow...24mpg. You must be cruzing on a super flat highway with zero wind.

I'm averaging 15 mpg (mostly city). Highway I can get 20-21 mph at best on a flat road with no wind and going 55-65 mph.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Holy cow...24mpg. You must be cruzing on a super flat highway with zero wind.

I'm averaging 15 mpg (mostly city). Highway I can get 20-21 mph at best on a flat road with no wind and going 55-65 mph.
that highway must be downhill.lol My dad has a hemi 2012 tradesman with the reg cab and it still has never seen 24..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, well hearing this from everyone else makes me feel a little better! I think everyone is averaging about what I do. I also will be taking a long trip soon (snow skiing in CO) and will be crusing at 75 for a long period of time. I will post back on the mpg's after the trip.

Thanks again for the coments!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just took a little 500+ mile trip a couple of weeks ago, 16.3 on the way out and just over 10 on the way back. 75+mph each way. Difference was empty one way and a snowmobile it the back on the way back. Was a little disappointed in both as compared to previous trucks i've had.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mpg

First Trip with her over 200 miles all hwy 65-70 MPH 18.5 MPG. Yesterday with 1,000 miles on her 120 mile trip at 65 22.2. No wind but it was raining like hell.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
My brother's 2011 Hemi Express single cab 2wd with 3.55 he says averages about 15mpg

My other brother's 2007ish? Hemi QC bighorn 4x4 (and I think 3.92) he says averages abut 13mpg stock, 16mpg with 01 superchips performance tune.

My friend's 2011 RT he says averages about 15mpg

My dad's 2005 single cab 2wd long bed with 4.7L (and I think 3.55) he says it gets 17mpg no matter what

My 2010 QC 2wd with 4.7L with 3.55 averages about 17mpg stock, 18mpg with superchips 93 performance tune. I can get up to about 22-24mpg highway at 65 or 70mph but I drive 95% city so my avg is basically city mpg.

My other friend's 2005 Hemi 2wd QC Laramie with 3.92 got about 15 avg with the superchips 91 performance tune, intake, exhaust.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Toronto highways are pretty flat for the most part (my "eco" light is on alot). Being in Canada everything is metric so I used an online converstion to get those numbers, maybe it is imperial ?!?! not that I know what that is LOL ... in metric my numbers are 10-11 L/100km hwy and mixed of 14-15 L/100km.

That being said, very rarely do I get a lead foot ... I take all my aggression out on the cars at work :p

·
Registered
917 Posts
Finished a trip from Texas to NH (1900 miles) this week. My AVG was 19.7 MPG HWY only (K&N drop in fillter, Tonno Pro Bed Cover, 2wd, 3.55, 20' rims). My city AVG is around 14. I tried to reach 20 MPG in the hwy, Idrove with the ECO light on all the time but I had problems with my Torque Converter, so I think that could be the reason for not reaching nothing better than 19.7 HWY). Torque Converter replaced today, I will drive back and try to reach 20's MPG HWY)

·
Registered
348 Posts

i live in la at sea level on flat land, before i installed the predator i consistently got 22.5 travelling to florida and back. the predator mpg tune boosted the truck up to 24.3, i am running 93 octane now though

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got a daily commute of nearly 80-miles round trip, 30% city, 70% highway @ 60-70mph. My 2011 4.7 reg cab SB 4X4 is currently averaging 18-19mpg (no mechanical mods). I was getting a little better than that when the truck was brand new in September, and I think the decrease is due to the winter gas formulation the feds force on us. In my previous car (which I used for this same commute for 3-years), I measured the difference in mpg between winter and summer gas at precisely 10% - same station (BP), and usually the same pump.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just returned from Knoxville ,TN to see our son-in-law receive his doctorate from University of Tenn and took the truck and averaged 19.2 mpg doing posted speed limit 70-and some 75. 2011 quad cab with shell and synthetic oil now has 8700 miles this was a 1700 mile trip this was about he same as my 2006 ford with the 4.6 and 160 less HP:smileup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts