DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Never had one on any of my vehicles but I figured they would not last here in New Hampshire during the winter months. The wife and I are moving to Florida before fall, and I am thinking about putting one on my truck. I use the brushless carwashes, whenever I wash my truck. Will the Bugshield weather the storm, so to speak? I believe the one I am looking at is installed with 3M tape. Is that really strong enough to hold it on? Also was thinking about installing the OPT7 Triple Redline tailgate LED bar, with the sequential directional. Was reading where if the vehicle has a backup camera, that it requires some special adapter or something. I am asking myself, if I really want to do the OPT7. I have a regular old LED tailgate bar on my truck now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have had the AVS Bug Shield, the one that attaches to the inside of the hood under the weather strip, on my truck since 2015 and it has weathered the no touch and brushed car washes just fine. The one that actually applies directly to paint, AVS Aero Skin, I have not seen on the 4th Gen trucks yet. I have known people that had them on their cars with no issues, just make sure you properly prep the application area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts