DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IMG_8880.jpg Hey Guys, yesterday my 36,000 mile 2014 Ram Big Horn's back up camera quit working. What I see now is the white truck icon in the center of the screen ( when I select reverse), all the info on the corners of the screen is still there as well as the active screen label on the top that I had up before putting the truck into reverse. I disconnected the battery for five min. and check the two wiring connections in the tail gate. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
409 Posts
my wifes 2014 charger started doing that a couple months ago, dealer had to replace the camera, said internal short. She has about 40k miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice! I got it working again by disconnecting the connectors inside the tail gate, disconnecting the battery for 10 min. Then connected the battery and finally the connectors. And.........all is well again with my back up camera. Gotta love modern Electronics!!!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Thanks for the advice! I got it working again by disconnecting the connectors inside the tail gate, disconnecting the battery for 10 min. Then connected the battery and finally the connectors. And.........all is well again with my back up camera. Gotta love modern Electronics!!!!
If/when it happens again and it probably will make sure you use some dielectric grease on the connections and the fix should last longer next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts