DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a mopar camera hooked up in their 4th gens installed at the dealer that didn't come factory with them? I just called 2 dealerships in the central Maryland region and was quoted $350-$400 from the first and $475 from the dealership I bought the truck from. The kicker is, that is WITHOUT THE PARTS. I already have the mopar camera. I've seen other forums say dealers only wanted about $150 for install and flash.

How in the world does it take 4 hours to install a tailgate handle camera? :SHOCKED:

I wanted to go this route because I wanted the warranty coverage through the dealership, otherwise I would install myself and find some way to have it flashed.

What is going on here?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a 2014 1500 Big Horn and had all the parts to install the camera already. I had the camera and the wiring harness and everything, just needed the install. Dealer quoted me 2.5 hours and charged me $275 for install. Well, it actually took them 5 hours to run the harness from the tailgate to the dash and hook it it into the computer. They said that when they quoted me they didn't realize that none of the wires were there already and that they had to run everything. They did hold to the quote and only charge the $275 though.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
Has anyone had a mopar camera hooked up in their 4th gens installed at the dealer that didn't come factory with them? I just called 2 dealerships in the central Maryland region and was quoted $350-$400 from the first and $475 from the dealership I bought the truck from. The kicker is, that is WITHOUT THE PARTS. I already have the mopar camera. I've seen other forums say dealers only wanted about $150 for install and flash.

How in the world does it take 4 hours to install a tailgate handle camera? :SHOCKED:

I wanted to go this route because I wanted the warranty coverage through the dealership, otherwise I would install myself and find some way to have it flashed.

What is going on here?
Have you tried Tate? My brother in law recently had a the OEM backup camera installed on his 2014 Jeep GC with the 8.4. I don't recall what he paid but I don't think it was too bad. I'll have to check with him.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

How in the world does it take 4 hours to install a tailgate handle camera?

What is going on here?
Have you tried Tate? My brother in law recently had a the OEM backup camera installed on his 2014 Jeep GC with the 8.4. I don't recall what he paid but I don't think it was too bad. I'll have to check with him.
I will give tate a call Monday morning. I realize there's a whole lot of splicing involved with the mopar camera versus something like the infotainment camera. Otherwise I'd have no problem doing this myself. I just don't want to mess around with the wiring on a brand new truck.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts