DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely hate the reverse lights on my truck. I actually got out the other night to be sure they were working because I couldn't tell from the drivers seat (they were). Does anyone else agree and if so what did you do to correct this issue.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine are pretty bad too, what im going to do is go to either walmart or VIP and grab round fog lights (maybe 3 inches) and im going to screw them under the bumper, and run a switch to the dash somewhere. the other one is mount them to the bed rails and do the same thing. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Well, a set of aftermarket lights attached to the rear somewhere is a common solution. Some folks wire them up so they come on automatically with the transmission switch. Others just use an aux switch inside the cabin.

Have you tried LED reverse bulbs yet? They do a better job than the stock bulbs.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I would get some cheapy rectangular fogs
mount them under neath on the frame

I am Not a electrician
I believe there is a wire that runs from your transmission that is activated when you put it into reverse, it should run back to your drivers side tail light area. a toggle switch would also work

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,039 Posts
I put in LED's they are better but if you want to see a nice looking set of extra back up lights look up member Barnyard and go through his gallery he answered my thread about backup lights and he has a great little setup on his truck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a set of fog lights I could put back there but, I was wanting to keep it stock looking (as far as the lights go). I guess I'll try the LED's first then if they don't help I'll add the fog's wired into the reverse lights.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have a set of fog lights I could put back there but, I was wanting to keep it stock looking (as far as the lights go). I guess I'll try the LED's first then if they don't help I'll add the fog's wired into the reverse lights.
Check superbrightleds.com for the barrel-shaped bulbs with 40-60 SMLEDs on them. There's a pretty big space in our tail lights for the back-up bulb and these throw a huge amount of light.

I need to do this as well since I want to keep the back end looking stock on the new Sport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.