DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did it on the passenger side last fall, took it to dealer, they "sealed" the window, and it seems to still be dry, but this week it is dripping on the driver side.

If all they are doing is applying "sealant", then i can do that myself, and not lose a day of work sitting at the dealer.

Does anyone know exactly where they are sealing so I can do it myself?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Typically it's the 3rd Brake light seal or Shark fin antenna.
I sealed the brake light first. Shark fin was wrong side for original leak. Dealer said they "applied sealant to rear window" to fix last leak. I just cannot see where they applied any.

Once I figure out where they applied it on the passenger side, I will replicate the fix on the other side.

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,926 Posts
Cab vents? Sunroof? Have someone powerwash certain areas while inside...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did it on the passenger side last fall, took it to dealer, they "sealed" the window, and it seems to still be dry, but this week it is dripping on the driver side.

If all they are doing is applying "sealant", then i can do that myself, and not lose a day of work sitting at the dealer.

I have a 2019 and it has the same problem. My dealer said it cannot be resealed they need to replace the entire back window. FCA knows they have a problem so the dealer is doing it at no cost.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2019 and it has the same problem. My dealer said it cannot be resealed they need to replace the entire back window. FCA knows they have a problem so the dealer is doing it at no cost.
Can you point me toward some documentation regarding that? I will take it to the dealer and force them to fix it correctly, this time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same for mine, but mine was 4K miles out of factory warranty so I’ll pay a $100.00 deductible for replacement. Called FCA and received a case number, representative called me and handle everything with the dealership.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Replace third brake light gasket with $25 part on Amazon then move on to the shark antenna

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2010 replaced 3rd brake light it mostly stopped but I took car wash wand around window gasket knock on wood no leaks!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Try looking above the back window, on either side infer the ( trim ) or molding piece
The trucks have a tendency to rot underneath and the water just rides the wave , came out in my passenger side in the door handle that you use to lift ya self in
Hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts