DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a set of 20x10 rims and the rim i like comes in either -24 offset with a 4.5 backspace OR -12 offset with a 5.0 backspace. What is the difference here if any? Which one would stick out the furthest?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Backspacing is the distance from the inner lip to the wheel's mounting face. Offset is the distance of the mounting facce from the wheel's center line. Negative off set is closer to the inside and positive is closer to the outside.

In your case, the 4.5 back space with -24 off set would stick out more as the mounting face is closer to the inner face and you'd have a deeper lip on the outside.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!!

I thought so but my brain was gettin fried tryin to work it out!! Appreciate your help.

Backspacing is the distance from the inner lip to the wheel's mounting face. Offset is the distance of the mounting facce from the wheel's center line. Negative off set is closer to the inside and positive is closer to the outside.

In your case, the 4.5 back space with -24 off set would stick out more as the mounting face is closer to the inner face and you'd have a deeper lip on the outside.

·
Registered
747 Posts

+1 here :smileup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will they fit ok?

...i am getting an RCX 6" suspension lift and my stock rims are 20x9 with a +19mm offset. I was originally going for a 20x10 with a -12 offset and 5.0 B.S but i would like to move to the -24 offset with 4.5 B.S in order to get them to stick out a little further. I will be running 35x12.5x20....anyone heard of any fitting or rubbing issues with this setup?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks bud...

...appreciate your input, just gotta do my shopping around now to source the best price on all the bits and pieces!

You should be ok with that spacing, the only place I'd worry about would be the lower control arm, but that back spacing should clear it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts