DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what kind of rims I have. The look like old school pro comps, they are steel and chrome (b4 plasti dip :smiley_thumbs_up: ). When I had a tire patched, I took the opportunity to see if I could identify them. Only markings (i had to use a pencil and paper to imprint to read it) said:

M USA 16x8 JJ DO GTXW 4 18

Can anyone tell me if this identifies the backspacing?

Someone looking at them said it looked like I had close to neutral backspacing. I have a 5" R/C lift kit and I want to put on my new 315/75 16 Wildpeaks on. do I need wheel spacers?

Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
The easiest way to figure it out is to measure it, But if I had to take a guess I would have to say that the last 18 would indicate the offset. The marking looks like the usual wheel marking that indicates width and offset. That would put them close to 4.5" backspacing.
As far as what tires you can run, measure the amount of clearance you have between the tire and the suspension then. Depending on what size of tire you are running and the clearance, that will determin how much wider you can go (if the 315 will fit or not)
What size of tire are you running now?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The easiest way to figure it out is to measure it, But if I had to take a guess I would have to say that the last 18 would indicate the offset. The marking looks like the usual wheel marking that indicates width and offset. That would put them close to 4.5" backspacing.
As far as what tires you can run, measure the amount of clearance you have between the tire and the suspension then. Depending on what size of tire you are running and the clearance, that will determin how much wider you can go (if the 315 will fit or not)
What size of tire are you running now?
On the rear, I have 285/75 16, and front are 265/75 16 (bought it like that)

It looks like I have plenty or room on both. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts