DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I've called several dealers and no one seems to be able to put a backup camera in a 2012 without replacing the radio. The truck has the non-NAV 430 but does have uconnect.

Just wondering if anyone has done this yet.

Will the MyGig option work?

thanks

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I have the backup camera in mine but it was there from factory. I would assume it can be done unless they changed something from the 2011

·
Registered
917 Posts
I think you would be able to install a backup camera in any touch screen unit.

Take look on this kit from Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330587825947?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

NEW GENUINE OEM MOPAR REAR VIEW BACK UP CAMERA
PART# 82211184
FITS 2009 to 2011 DODGE RAM 1500 DS EQUIPPED WITH TOUCH SCREEN RADIOS
FITS 2010 TO 2011 DODGE RAM 2500 & 3500 EQUIPPED WITH TOUCH SCREEN RADIOS
BACK UP/DRIVING ASSISTANCE -REAR VIEW CAMERA
USES PRODUCTION RADIO FOR MONITOR
State-of-the-art, production wide angle lens video camera that improves the rear view visibility. Includes wide angle weather proof camera, installation hardware and instructions.
Production back up camera system that integrates into the back up camera ready radios ( REN & RER ). Includes wide angle weather proof camera, replacement tailgate handle assembly, wiring harness from camera to radio, installation hardware and instructions.
MAY REQUIRE THE TIPM TO BE RECONFIGURED WITH A SCAN TOOL, MOST DEALER WILL CHARGE APPROX 1/2 HOUR OF LABOR TO DO THIS!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Like KCBigBadRam, I had my camera installed from the factory in my 430 system. I have a 2012 truck. I would think it wouldn't be that overly complicated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts