DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can add the backup camera to a 2012 1500 Laramie that didn't come with it?

Radio is Media Center 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD and sticker had a radio delete on it.

thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just had one installed yesterday on a 2011 Laramie. It has a 730 w/ nav, but I really wanted the camera for plowing. I went the easy (but expensive) way, and just had the dealer do it. The bad part was that it cost me about $650. If I remember correctly, the kit's about $320, but they get about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs of labor.

I gave it a workout last night plowing for the first time on this truck, and the camera worked AWESOME. Totally worth it for my needs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't know about the 2012, but for 2011, the Laramie included ParkSense (backup sensors), but ParkView (the actual camera) was optional. That's also according to the 1500 brochure on RamTrucks, which for some reason is still the 2011.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
^ I didnt know that

With mine, the Sport premium package came with the Alpine, Dual auto climate control and ParkView/Park Assist and I thought the camera was with it. Maybe it was optional. I assumed it came with it bc I do have it. I'd have to look at my sticker.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
I love having the back-up camera. Especially for days when the wife wants to take the truck :(

I do wish we had the lines for the camera tho. Like the green, yellow and red ones....

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Do you have the 430N or 730N?

My buddy has the 730N with backup camera in his sport and mines the 430N with backup camera. His 730 is alot more complicated to operate than mine. Same thing as mine it just comes with a headache hahaha

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like Dodge is going to buy me a backup camera-shows standard equipment on my window sticker-says nothing an\bout camera deduct with 430n radio.
I am fearing the same issue with my Laramie that is being built. Mine also states nothing about the backup camera and when I called the dealership this past week they stated that it was a standard feature and included on the standard options section of the window sticker that is not specifically listed on my vots web page. Let me know what your dealership does.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Kudos to my local dealer-said they will pony up for the camera and install if Dodge would not. Supposedly the camera is standard with the 730N radio-however if you opt for the 430N the camera is not included. Has to be ordered for extra $200. They agreed it does not say that on the spec list on Dodge website or on the window sticker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Who is the Dealer ??

Kudos to my local dealer-said they will pony up for the camera and install if Dodge would not. Supposedly the camera is standard with the 730N radio-however if you opt for the 430N the camera is not included. Has to be ordered for extra $200. They agreed it does not say that on the spec list on Dodge website or on the window sticker.
Hello - I'm in the same situation...no one knew about the deletion of the backup camera with the 430N radio...my Dealer NEVER told me that.

Can you pass-on your Dealer's name so that I can advise my Dealership of the best way to correct this ??

Tkx:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's what's on the sticker, for some reason the laramie doesn't allow the 430 with the backup camera even though the Sport does allow the 430 with the backup camera. Same radio.

Media Center 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD $ -800
40 GB Hard Drive with 28 GB Available
6.5-Inch Touch-Screen Display
P275/60R20 OWL All Season Tires $ 175
Remote Start System $ 200
Class IV Receiver Hitch $ 335
Delete Rear Back-up Camera

1 - 20 of 34 Posts