DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely hate my 2011 RAM 1500 headlights. They are the single beam variety. I don't know why Dodge would not supply only quads. When I bought the truck I didn't even know they offered single beam headlights.

On high beam the lights shine on reflective signs and nearly blind you, they strike tree branches 15 feet off the ground but you can't see the base of the trunk.

This is all without any load in the truck. When I forget to dim my lights no one cares because the lights are shining over the top of the oncoming vehicle.

I asked my dealer to check the alignment and he said they were right on. I tried to find the adjustment myself but could not. What are others doing in this case, or is my truck just screwed up.

I consider these headlights to be unsafe and if I can't get them resolved I will never buy another RAM.:doh:

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Upgrade to HID, and Re Aim. The screws are located in 2 holes in the fenders (under the hood). there is an arrow embossed in the metal that points to the hole. It is a 7mm screw IIRC. Park facing a wall 25 ft or so away, on a level surface. Adjust till your beam cuts off at about waist height.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Pix of what I mean:

Thats 6,000k HID at 10 feet from my wall of my house. To Aim, I went behind a walmart and parked 25' (ish) from the wall in a dark area. Turned on my high beams, and aimed.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Upgrade to HID, and Re Aim. The screws are located in 2 holes in the fenders (under the hood). there is an arrow embossed in the metal that points to the hole. It is a 7mm screw IIRC. Park facing a wall 25 ft or so away, on a level surface. Adjust till your beam cuts off at about waist height.
What's needed to do the upgrade?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts