DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just wondering.. I put gas in today and the range only got up to 470..? When I brought the truck home it had just about half a tank and only gave me 200km to almost empty ( the gas light did NOT come on). I have about 240km on truck. So right now with a full tank of gas my range says 470, does this change? Is the range pretty accurate? Should I expect the gas mileage to get better or is this something I should be worried about? And no I don't have a heavy foot at all. I drive easy on the truck, I'm a firm believer on breaking in the truck for the first few hundred KM even though the truck is broken in at the factory!

Thanks for any advice given!

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
The range or distance to empty is dynamic, this will change with the type of driving you are doing. If in stop and go in the city for a long distance the DTE will drop. Once you get out on the the highway and it see's 110 kph for a while it will ramp up. Both my 11 and now my 13 where / are this way. I did notice a hell of a big jump in mileage once I broke the 15,000 km mark on the truck.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
It will get better once its broke in. ALL my hemi trucks did. Bit the most important thing is, DRIVING HABITS.
He is so right. IF you drive like a little old lady or like rambumpkin you can easily.get 34.5 mpg. He has the only SPORT around with a orange triangle on the tailgate. ROTFLMAO:LOL::smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just to give you an idea what you can expect, this summer while on a long trip I was averaging 10.3-10.5 L/100k at 105kmh and 12.3 L/100k at 120-125 kmh. My EVIC will show 800km to empty on a 98L tank.

For those of you that are STILL not on the metric system, that's 22.8 mpg at 65 mph and 19.1 mpg at 75 mph.:smileup:

Truck had 4,000 km on the odometer.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Thanks for putting in the American # in your post. I don't know why you guys just don't stop with the metric system already. LOL

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
He is so right. IF you drive like a little old lady or like rambumpkin you can easily.get 34.5 mpg. He has the only SPORT around with a orange triangle on the tailgate. ROTFLMAO:LOL::smiley_thumbs_up:
:SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: :LOL:

You ole`coot, you got me good on that one, my wife even laughed her azz off....:smileup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have yet to break in the engine..got my truck with 15 miles on it. So far I am seeing "average" of 14-15 mixed driving on the mpg display. Definitely feels better than my 2005 ram I had. It is difficult to not step on it from a stop or hover around 65-68mph on the highway with a hemi

·
Registered
234 Posts
My 2014 Longhorn has been getting steady mileage for a year now. I remember the mileage was low when new but as others have pointed out it gets better with use. Now I average 17 mpg in the City and 22 mpg on the road driving at around 65 mph with cruise control on when traffic permits. In my opinion the most important factors in mileage is your right foot and top speed and how you rev up to get to your top speed. I like the idea of the orange triangle!! Can't have it both ways - drive fast and get lower mileage.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I have yet to break in the engine..got my truck with 15 miles on it. So far I am seeing "average" of 14-15 mixed driving on the mpg display. Definitely feels better than my 2005 ram I had. It is difficult to not step on it from a stop or hover around 65-68mph on the highway with a hemi
Right around 5K to 6K you`ll see it come up a little more. It also helps to change the oil and filter, and go full synthetic when you do, it does help. And yeahhhh, i agree its hard to keep your foot out of a hemi...lol. Thank god Bubba33 snuck up on me and put that dam`d ole orange triangle on my tailgate. Believe it or not, that magic orange triangle has been getting me over 35 mpg...!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
My 2014 Longhorn has been getting steady mileage for a year now. I remember the mileage was low when new but as others have pointed out it gets better with use. Now I average 17 mpg in the City and 22 mpg on the road driving at around 65 mph with cruise control on when traffic permits. In my opinion the most important factors in mileage is your right foot and top speed and how you rev up to get to your top speed. I like the idea of the orange triangle!! Can't have it both ways - drive fast and get lower mileage.
Ask Bubba33 for one of those magic orange triangle`s, they`re fantastic...lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts