DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the ~V~ in the garage to install the Lockpick and when I was done (sun was directly behind the truck) I noticed one ding on the hood...I kept looking about 1/2 dozen more. My guess is that it must have happened a couple of weeks back when we had a hefty hail storm. I checked both our vehicles and couldn't find any damage. I hope they can get them out. The dealer did thrown in one of those ding removal warranties. Funny thing is that the roof has no damage at all. Maybe the roof is thicker than the hood.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Hood is aluminum, it will ding much easier than the cab thats not.

Sorry to hear that your truck got dinged, let us know how it looks after it gets un-dinged.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Under the "right" lighting you may just see some dings in the roof too. I have a darn good eye for dings and paint flaws. A couple of times when I have had hail damage to my white trucks, I could not find dings that my insurance adjuster and the PDR tech who repaired the trucks saw immediately.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Sorry to hear that.....Let us know how you make out......

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Under the "right" lighting you may just see some dings in the roof too. I have a darn good eye for dings and paint flaws. A couple of times when I have had hail damage to my white trucks, I could not find dings that my insurance adjuster and the PDR tech who repaired the trucks saw immediately.
There are probably some dings on the roof...didn't look real good. That's why I love white trucks, they hide things better. My old black on black vette was a nightmare. I swear I could count molecules on the paint since it was so deep and shiny. The first time I got a ding I about had a heart attack.

I miss good'ole Texas parking lots, you know, big enough lines to park your truck and fully open the doors. Here in Ohio, I park in"dingless" spots, you know, way out where nobody parks because it's too far or the one that has a curve on one side.

I need to call the company that gets the dings out without having to repaint. I'll post the results after the fact.

·
Registered
564 Posts
When washing the truck I can feel the hood pushing in if I lean on it. :\

·
Registered
6,836 Posts

Same here for the hood, but tell ya, the rest of the truck was not far behind, was really easy to move most of the skin pushing in when washing it, lighter truck for better fuel economy, they must of shaved down the skin all over.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Be careful with that, the hood bends pretty easy, so does the roof with no sunroof.

If you want to see something funny and sad at the same time go to one of those touchless car washes and watch the hood when the giant blower goes across it, looks more like a flag than a truck hood ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hood is easier to fix/replace than the roof. That sucks. If you drove the truck thru the hale storm, do yourself a favor and check your AC condensor behind the grill. Hale tore mine to shreds in my F-150 several years ago

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same here for the hood, but tell ya, the rest of the truck was not far behind, was really easy to move most of the skin pushing in when washing it, lighter truck for better fuel economy, they must of shaved down the skin all over.
I bet they did shave down the thickness because my 3rd Gen was not like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts