DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have picture of the Hemi badge relocated to the hood?

I've removed all badges, except the door moulding (that's next) and will either leave the Hemi badges alone or relocated them, but would love to see what others have done (as far as relocating the Hemi badges).

I'll post my own pics when finished. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! Thanks for the pic. I was thinking lower, toward the fender where the hood scoops down. Where you have it looks nice too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Outfitr, what kind of tires, and size, do you have on your truck? Looking for a nice meaty set to replace the Goodyear Wranglers that were stock on mine.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have seen (1) truck with the stock truck Hemi badges (w/ 5.7 Liter underneath) in that location. IMHO they are too big for that spot. I was given a set of Charger Hemi badges off a new '12 Special Edition that my buddy was debadging.

I installed them using a piece of fishing line taped to the wiper nozzle on the hood and pulled it taught to the center of the front wheel. I then used this as a reference line to guide the placement of the trailing edge of the badge.

Here's the best pic I have on my phone at the moment. Let me know if you need a closer/different view.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have seen (1) truck with the stock truck Hemi badges (w/ 5.7 Liter underneath) in that location. IMHO they are too big for that spot. I was given a set of Charger Hemi badges off a new '12 Special Edition that my buddy was debadging.

I installed them using a piece of fishing line taped to the wiper nozzle on the hood and pulled it taught to the center of the front wheel. I then used this as a reference line to guide the placement of the trailing edge of the badge.

Here's the best pic I have on my phone at the moment. Let me know if you need a closer/different view.

Looks great! Nice idea for placement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good and good idea for placement. I just drew a line with a ultra fine perm marker first making sure the line was parralel with the hood line then just stayed away from the line a little while applying the individual letters eyeballing letter spacing. Then just wipe away line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts