DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 ram v6 single cab. I love the bagged look but I am a complete noob in this area. what kind of cost would I be looking to to bag my truck and would it be easier and cheaper to do it myself and figure it out on my own or pay someone to do it professionaly. im tight on funds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey,

I know this is an older post but i thought id try to help you out. I have 2 bagged trucks ones a 96 s10 that i had my buddy build for me ( he builds bagged trucks and works as a dealer for air ride parts) and the 97 im still currently building. The biggest thing if your gonna bag the truck yourself is not to rush it, ive seen kids bag a truck in a weekend and the truck looks like complete ass, not to mention that it is very unsafe. Now as far as costs go you can try to save some money and buy used or just go out and buy new like i did, each have there downfall, used parts might be cheaper but they are used, you dont know how long theyve actually been used or if the parts have any damage, and sometimes with things like link bars the brackets are still with the guy who owned the link bars before you (welded to his truck) New is nice because you know exactly what you are getting and most of the time you have some kind of warranty with the parts, the downside to that is cost, all the parts to bag my s10 new cost me well over 4 grand, i didnt go the cheap route just because i wanted to put together a reliable driver, something i could jump into and drive to a show without having to trailer. if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask

1 - 2 of 2 Posts