DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for all the G2 owners out there. I just installed mine yesterday and the hard parts of the cover don't reach the front or the tailgate when centered. Meaning, the only thing touching either end is the rubber flap. Is this how they fit?? I can see clearly through the tailgate end and there is no way that's going to be waterproof at all. At the front of the truck I put the foam strip across to take up some of the gap there.

Any insight or pictures here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
mine doesnt have any gaps at all. i think only the rubber touches but it rained yesterday and no water got in. how much gap are you talking about?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I have no gaps in mine either. I have my rails all the way towards the front of the truck, the rubber flap is responsible for covering the gap by the tailgate and I assure u that it covers up as it overlaps. I would check the positioning of your rails and see if that will help it. Try to take pictures of it and we'll try to come up with a solution! good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just went and looked at mine. Yes there is a gap of about 1/2" between the metal frame of the cover and the tailgate, however, the rubber gasket extends across that gap and there is a metal lip within the rubber gasket itself that extends across the gap. If you put the double-sided tape seal across the front bedrail and aligned it right along the edge, just position your cover so it lines up with the front edge of that seal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts