DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I almost purchased the Bakflip Hd when I saw the new model called the Fibermax. The Fibermax seems to be the better cover and costs less. Going to have the bed rug installed as well even though I have a factory spray in liner. I can make a Great deal on a slightly used truxport cover if anyone is interested. Will show pics at the end of the week!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats kind of the same setup I was considering although I'll have to look into the fibermax. The one I was considering was the F1.

Pics will be great. Looking forward to it.
The only advantage I see that the f1 has is weight carryng capacity of 500 opposed to 300. Other than that they are identical. 300 is plenty for me as I don't ever see myself putting that kind of weight on top. Its much cheaper. 795.99

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice

I got the Fibermax and it fits great, works great. Really nice quality cover. You will be happy I think. Here's a picture.
I am waiting on the new BakFlip VP cover to be released in the next week or so. Basically its a an improved G2 with a "solid vinyl" top covering the aluminum panels. You cant see the hinges at all and it creates an enhanced waterproof cover. Its supposed to retail for well under $700.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I am waiting on the new BakFlip VP cover to be released in the next week or so. Basically its a an improved G2 with a "solid vinyl" top covering the aluminum panels. You cant see the hinges at all and it creates an enhanced waterproof cover. Its supposed to retail for well under $700.
Thats an interesting note....will watch for thar...thx for the heads up.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bakflip VP

Didn't know they were working on yet another version. The Fibermax for the long rambox was new this year and was the best I could get in a flushfit cover. I'm certainly happy with it, but it would be nice to have invisible hinges.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ever get the bedrug installed?

I almost purchased the Bakflip Hd when I saw the new model called the Fibermax. The Fibermax seems to be the better cover and costs less. Going to have the bed rug installed as well even though I have a factory spray in liner. I can make a Great deal on a slightly used truxport cover if anyone is interested. Will show pics at the end of the week!
Did you ever get the bedrug installed? I got the FiberMax last week and it looks great. Still considering the bedrug. Any pics of how it looks installed with the BakFlip? Thanks

·
Registered
839 Posts
So I just took a look at the Bak site......to check out the VP and fibermax versions....

Then I saw the newest "Endura" version.....nothing that really stood out to me...until....

They highlight "Endura's hinges cannot be cut....metal beneath the hinge....blah blah blah..."

Now I am second guessing my F1 purchase.

I didnt realize the hinges could be cut, which I assume means the panels could then just be lifted off????

I was looking for as much security as I could find.....

Dammit.....although looking at their site now, I cant figure out how having metal under the hinge would make the hinges "tamper proof"......the cover still has to hinge by way of the rubber hinge, doesnt it?

I guess no cover aside from a hard fiberglass one piece is any real roadblock to a would be thief.....

Caps arent 10% secure as you can easily pop the rear hatch latches most of the time.....

Maybe I am overthinking?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt the hinges can't be cut but the panels can as it appears they are constructed the same way as the G2 - aluminum skin why a foam core.

If a thief wants in bad enough they'll get in no matter what's on there.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt the hinges can't be cut but the panels can as it appears they are constructed the same way as the G2 - aluminum skin why a foam core.

If a thief wants in bad enough they'll get in no matter what's on there.
Still, like to make it as difficult as possible for the would be thief, right?

I see your point.....the f1 has the fiberglass outer skin.....not sure there is much difference as far as security.....

Well, I figure i will never have uber-valuable stuff back there....the crown jewels I will keep in the cab....LOL.....

I guess the key points to it is that the average walk-by thief cant just grab and go....and also "out of sight out of mind"....which is one reason why i didnt go with a cap....windows to see the cargo.

I also realized i might be able to probably modify the F1 by adding my own metal to back up the hinge and prevent it from being lifted up easily.....

The diamondback cover looks to be uber-secure. But the extra weight plus the fact that the cover doesnt collapse or come totally off quickly was a no sale for me. Just had the kid's ATV in the back yesterday and that is planned for the future......the diamondback would require either complete removal or using the trailer again.

So many options....LOL

Guess I will stick with the F1...seems like folks love it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Just got a reply back from BAK....(wow! thats customer service...on a sunday even!)

I asked about the Endura's hinge that cant be cut...they replied--

"The F1 is the top of the line. It cannot be cut and is very secure. The endura is not scheduled for release at the moment anyway. "

So, it looks like the F1 is STILL the top of the line, even with Endura in the mix.

Ok, excited again! LOL

:smileup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
i had a f1 on my f150 and it was great still have the cover took it off before i traded it make someone a good deal anyway the f1 biggest advantage is it doesn't get as hot in the sun and will hold its shine the g2 and hd will fade seen it happen can't wait to get it in my tools is all over the back seat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts