DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to make a very long story short....

I ordered a Bakflip Fibermax for my 2012 Ram 1500 Rambox from Bakflipfactoryoutlet.com

What came was a box labeled as a G2...

After EIGHT days of calling and sending pics. The supplier claims that my product was a Fibermax... merely mislabed as a G2.

Please help. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am going to post some pics. I do not have the knowledge to tell if I have a fibermax vs a g2.

Again the box it came in was labeled g2... the sticker on it says g2. But bakflipfactoryoutlet says its a fibermax.

I just don't wanna pay for a fibermax and receive a g2.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm going to make a very long story short....

I ordered a Bakflip Fibermax for my 2012 Ram 1500 Rambox from Bakflipfactoryoutlet.com

What came was a box labeled as a G2...

After EIGHT days of calling and sending pics. The supplier claims that my product was a Fibermax... merely mislabed as a G2.

Please help. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am going to post some pics. I do not have the knowledge to tell if I have a fibermax vs a g2.

Again the box it came in was labeled g2... the sticker on it says g2. But bakflipfactoryoutlet says its a fibermax.

I just don't wanna pay for a fibermax and receive a g2.

Any help is appreciated.
Feel both top and bottom surfaces. The FiberMax has a slicker surface on top than the bottom. If they are the same you've got a G2. There should also be a label on the underside of one of panels with the model on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't tell you how much to stay away from bakflipfactoryoutlet.com AND bak.
I have been dealing with this since 3/19/12.

Here is my story....

On March 19, 2012 I ordered a Fibermax Bakflip cover from Bakflipfactoryoutlet.com. It arrived on April 3, 2012.

The box said "G2" as opposed to "Fibermax". I'm sure G2 is a good cover, but I ordered a Fibermax.
I immediately called Bakflipfactoryoutlet (before I opened the box because I didn't want to repack). They asked me to read the part number to them on the exterior of the box. And yes, they confirmed that a G2 was sent to me in error.

This is when it gets interesting.
The solution?
1) Order and PAY for another Fibermax cover (which I did)
2) Revisit their website to fill out a Return Authorization Form. Interesting... b/c they just admitted that the wrong product was sent. Nonetheless, I requested a return authorization number.
3) On 4/9/12. I have called multiple times regarding the status of: a) the return request AND b) the replacement order.
4) I kid you not.... they still have not gotten approval for the return request from bakflip... SIX days later. BTW, I have learned that backflipfactoryoutlet.com is NOT associated with Backflip. They are truckaddons.com aka trailblazers. Each time I call, they keep asking me to wait... Yes, they have $1,600+ of my money on a $800 cover that was ordered on 3/19/12.
5) After taking pics of the box and cover... and sending them to bakflipfactoryoutlet.com.... i was informed that the cover i received, ALTHOUGH LABELED A G2, IS INDEED A FIBERMAX. I was told it was this way b/c the fibermax's are new.
6) So now, after installed the original cover, b/c they refused to accept it as a return.. i am stuck with paying for a fibermax... but receiving a g2

Again. Do yourself a HUGE favor:
STAY AWAY FROM BAKFLIPFACTORYOUTLET.COM AND TRUCKADDONS.COM (owns bakflipfactoryoutlet.com).

This has been a huge, time wasting nightmare.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes. I will double check in the morning. But yes... they do feel the same.
If they feel the same then it's a G2. The top side of the FiberMax has the same embossed pattern as the bottom side but the fiberglass top side is more glossy and slick feeling like an automotive finish. The G2 and bottom side of the FiberMax has a more matt finish.

Your experience is why I always buy from a local dealer when making larger purchases as you can check the goods out before handing over the cash.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Have you tried emailing Bakflip themselves thru their website? They may have some insight into the situation for you.

I emailed them this past sunday and was shocked to get an IMMEDIATE email back from them, very helpful, and they seem very proud of their product.....they would not want another company dragging their name or products thru the muck IMHO.

Maybe they cannot do anything, but maybe try and see what they say.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
How did you pay? Was it with a credit card? If it was, you can ask your credit card company not to pay them. They will ask for some documentation, such as phone records and e-mails. This can be very effective since these companys make their living threw the credit card companys, and they don't want to get on their bad side.

I had a friend who got billed for a hotel room even though he canceled well in advance. He got the run around calling the hotel. He called his credit card company, they asked for his phone records. They could tell by the phone calls before and after the problem he was probably telling the truth. The credit card company got his money back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It sure looks like the G2 I just installed on my truck. You could check the BAK web site for the weights of the different models, then weigh your cover. I know the G2 is heavier than the other models. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I ate when stuff like that happens and companies wont own up to it. Hopefully it works out for you, keep us informed

·
Registered
834 Posts
I agree with dodge man - make life easy on yourself and file a claim with the credit card company immediately. No reason you should be sitting on a bill for the WRONG product as well as the right one!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Try calling bak directly i had a scratch on mine and they sent me a brand new one right away and theres alot of places that sell them never heard of the place you bought it from but ya call them direct and they will hook u up

President [email protected] (818) 365-9000
Accounting: [email protected] (818) 365-9000
Purchasing: [email protected] (818) 365-9000
UPS [email protected] (818) 365-9000
Customer Svc. [email protected] (818) 365-9000
Marketing [email protected] (818) 365-9000
Warranty: [email protected] (818) 365-9000

1 - 20 of 20 Posts