DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought my truck a short while ago, a 2012 Ram 2500 Laramie. I'm interested in buying a Bakflip G2 with the Bakbox, but I also wanna install Mopar Utility Rails inside the bed with a divider.

I emailed Bakflip and they say that their products will work for sure with the Mopar ones I mentioned, but whenever I see videos of the utility rails, I highly doubt the Bakbox can fit in there too. Has anyone tried this combination?

Just thought I should also point out, I live in a far away country and can't afford to buy, test, and return any items. I have to be sure they can all fit together before ordering. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Don't know but congrats on your new truck and welcome to the site, Pics are always nice to see your new toy. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, had mine for 2 weeks now and love it...installed the BakFlip F1 last night and waiting on the BakBox to get here....G2 should look the same i think....

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn that looks sick, i cant wait to get mine! I'm still hoping someone here tried all the products i mentioned before. I'll try to post some pics later today

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yea i have the F1 installed ,just be careful I got up on mine to wash back window the cover dents easy !

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yea i have the F1 installed ,just be careful I got up on mine to wash back window the cover dents easy !
Wow, really... F1 is supposed to not dent and I don’t see how it could as it is fiberglass, unless you're alking about the frame around the panels but even that seems pretty strong.. I’ve heard the G2 and HD denting but never heard of the F1 or FiberMAX denting. I’ve seen other posts of major hail damage to the hood and roof of some RAMs with no damage to the F1….. Are you sure you got the F1 and they didn’t put on a G2 or aluminum version. BakFlip make quite a few aluminum one as well. I weigh 230lb and was on mine last night changing a driveway bulb and nothing happened…..how weird… I would call them. It has a 3 yr. warranty and they guarantee it not to dent/break. I even saw a video with then hitting it with a tire iron and nothing happened to it…. I would definitely check to see it its aluminum and or call Bakindustries…. :4-dontknow::4-dontknow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts