DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an experience with this. I have a 2016 1500 Express in the Granite color. I would really like a set of the Black Quad Headlights that come on some models but was throwing the thought of painting the ones I have myself.

Bad idea?

Not too hard of a project?

Afraid to break the seal of the lights and not get it sealed back properly, that's really my biggest fear.

Let me know your thoughts and experiences, maybe you even know someone in my area that can help. I am from Wilmington, N.C.

Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
I would not do it myself, but I know people who have. One friend baked the lights on his Magnum, one came out really good but he lost track of time on the other one and it was in too long or something and the actual lens sort of deformed/delaminated.

I think if you can afford the downtime of having a car without headlights while they are painted then you may as well. Worst case you just end up buying a set like you would have otherwise, but if it works out then you saved $300 or however much headlights go for.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not do it myself, but I know people who have. One friend baked the lights on his Magnum, one came out really good but he lost track of time on the other one and it was in too long or something and the actual lens sort of deformed/delaminated.

I think if you can afford the downtime of having a car without headlights while they are painted then you may as well. Worst case you just end up buying a set like you would have otherwise, but if it works out then you saved $300 or however much headlights go for.
Thanks for the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts