DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just bought a 2015 RAM 2500 with a 6.7L Cummins engine. Crew cab, 6’ bed, with this in the center of the bed. It looks like a setup for a fifth wheel gooseneck, but there is no ball and the part doesn’t seem to be removable. Is this part of a hitch, and if so any idea on how to find the missing part(s)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys! I just bought a 2015 RAM 2500 with a 6.7L Cummins engine. Crew cab, 6’ bed, with this in the center of the bed. It looks like a setup for a fifth wheel gooseneck, but there is no ball and the part doesn’t seem to be removable. Is this part of a hitch, and if so any idea on how to find the missing part(s)?
Well never mind. I found a handle inside the wheel well, pulled it out and found that the piece pulls out. And flipped over there is the ball on top. Sweet piece of engineering.

·
Registered
2014 Ram 1500 Express 5.7 8Spd
202 Posts
that is infact a turnover ball gooseneck, 5th wheels will have a large stand with a plate on the top in the bed.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 138869
Looks like a BW hitch. Take great care to not let get dirty or rust get into reciver. My truck hung from the overhead by the hitch for almost a week, lots of heat and oil beor the truck dropped.
Will except several different style of hitches.great for drop in 5th wheel,

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I took me 4 days of penetrating oil and hammer work to get mine loose. If going fifth wheel route, I would recommend looking into what they call a gooseball hitch. You replace the piece on the trailer with this gooseball and it does not change the dynamics of how it pulls. Some of the other post looking conversion things look shaky at best to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts