DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Ram 1500 Quad cab 4x4 5.9L 150,000 miles that I need to replace the upper ball joints and I figured I would replace all the steering components. My kids and Mrs. have driven this truck and I have noticed the tires wearing inside of left tire and outside of right tire and steering wheel no longer straight. I have been looking for a complete kit but most of the kits say light duty 4x4 front suspension. How do I determine light duty and heavy duty?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Good question! But i really don't think that you need to worry about that. You need to find quality components. Are you really "heavy-duty"? As in some of my other posts, I have said that I am very happy with the "American-made" Raybestos "Professional Grade" components that I have bought. I bought upper and lower ball-joints for under $70 per-side, on Amazon. I will stick with these. Do you need the part #s? I would follow suite with the rest of the Raybestos Pro-Grade line. I have used Moog, and their quality has slipped over the years. As far as a "kit", I cant do that for you. But on Amazon, you can find all the parts you need. You can get these good parts at the same price Autozone sells their crap-parts for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a complete kit (light duty) on e-bay that does both sides and the center links. It does not include a pitman arm. Total cost before shipping is $ 189.00. I have not ordered yet because I need to insure these are the only parts needed. I used Moog 40 years ago ( different vehicle ) of course and had no problem then so thanks for the heads up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.