DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new ballast for my HID setup, was wondering if anyone had anyone to recommend? Maddog told me of someone before and I forget who, and I can't find Maddog on here, anyone know what happened to him?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
MADDOG is no longer with us.

What make are your current ones? I have 2 used Flashtech ones that were on my truck for 1.5 years as fogs. The cases are definately used looking, but they still worked great when I pulled them out in favor of the same ballasts all around when I redid my halos. I had been asking $45+ shipping for the pair, just if you're interested.

Aside from that, I love my Oracle ballasts, lows have been running for over 2 years now with no issues. With you having a 2nd gen you don't have to worry about the flickering issues, so a lot of the generic ballasts should work fine for you.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Where are you located? That would make a difference as far as a seller and shipping costs

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Southern NJ, MADDOG gave me the person he used I remember, there ballast was small I believe, and it came with bulb out indicator since I don't have one and the dang thing annoys me saying bulb out!

I will have to check what the make is on the ones I have, the old owner of truck had it. I know its a 6500k watt system at 35w.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry it took AWHILE, heres what it says on the ballast..Sportiva....SPVHID - X12135 13.2v 35w

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also need to get a bulb out indicator with it, so a company that you guys recommend for ballast would be great if they have the indicator as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts