DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Are you talking about the diesel systems? How large (diameter) is it? If it's over 3" diameter which I assume it is seeing as it's for a diesel it will hurt performance...

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Oh ok. I wasn't aware banks made anything non diesel. Without looking at it, it's probably good as banks makes great products. 3" is a proper size for these trucks. That said, cat backs doesn't give much gain over the stock exhaust as the stock exhaust is pretty good, just the muffler that is restrictive.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The muffler and the pinch point where the 2.5's come into the 3" are the restrictive points, atleast from what I recall. I don't have a 4th gen, but I don't think they fixed it...

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
^still the same. In terms of the overall exhaust system, the restrictive points are the manifolds, the y pipe, and the muffler. The rest is about as good as it gets.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a banks monster on my 04 and absolutly loved it. I really loved it when i dropped the muffler out and the truck sounded like a monster! lol I've been waiting for them to come out with a kit for the 11...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts