Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 4.

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so i have arrived at the point of locating the bass knob for the new system, but now i need some help. Not sure which location to go with....Don't mind all the dog hair...
:wavey:

Option 1.
Using the cigarette lighter as the knob itself. All lighter functions will be lost using this method.

Option 2.
Pretty self explanitory. Yes, the piece of metal pictured will be visible.

Option 3.
Again, self explanitory. Yes, the metal will be visible

Option 4.
Located just above the parking brake release. I see myself hitting my knee on the knob if located here...Previous piece of metal will not be used

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
i agree with your concern about option 4. i mounted my cb mike near that location (4) and i smack my knee on it often.

granted a mike is a bit bigger than a dial... ha

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it is for sure but i can't even tell you how many times i've turned on the cargo light with my knee, i just see that one being twice as bad....the knob is about an inch long as well so i can imagine breaking off the dial within the first week.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
What about in the cubby next to the cig lighter?

My bass knob in my 4th gen is in the center sectin of the center consol next to the shifter for those "oh shit a cop turn the bass down" moments. I like having it easily accessable

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about in the cubby next to the cig lighter?

My bass knob in my 4th gen is in the center sectin of the center consol next to the shifter for those "oh shit a cop turn the bass down" moments. I like having it easily accessable
I'm hoping to replace the bezel with the double din unit...eventually. And would like to get as much as possible for my current bezel without it having holes or tape marks on it...not to mention i've always hated how that looks...imo it looks like it was a last minute thought to install it and so the person who installed just threw it in there

I don't really have to worry about police around here

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
over 120 views and one vote? common people...how about some other suggestions besides those shown?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I like option 2, I have a switch for some LEDs where option 4 is and i broke it with my knee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts