DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I had the Battery Saver Mode message, but everything seemed to still work. I thought it might be the battery level's since I don't drive it a lot and it was winter. Got the Check Engine symbol when I forgot to wait for the grid map to heat up and so I reset the codes instead of waiting for the system to reset itself.

I drive it once a week now for a longer trip and the message hasn't come back yet.

I did notice my headlights are brighter now at idle then they used to be.

I really don't have a clue, but my truck sat on the lot for almost 6 months, so maybe the batteries got run down.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The last 3 days my battery saver mode has been in the stored messages. First 2 days there was a yellow highlight to the display. Tonight after work it was lit up with a red backlighting. I could tell something was wrong when I walked up to the truck as it was idling very funny, sounded like something was trying to kick on and off.

Interesting thing is if I start the truck with the dash pushbutton after a few seconds the engine ramps up to a high idle and there is no message. Starting with the uconnect app and there is no high idle and got the BSM messages.

This really sucks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had the Battery Saver Mode message appear on the display last evening after not having driven my 2017 2500 (w/6.7 CTD with just over 6300 miles) the truck in more than a week. The weather has been cold, as low as -1° F, but was 23° F last evening. I remote started it, let it warm up for a few minutes, and then saw the message. The passenger seat heater would not work, but everything else was OK. Battery voltage, as shown on the vehicle's display, was 14V; another voltage check (displayed on 2-way radio display) confirmed this, but the engine was running at the time. Drove ~20 miles with no right front seat heater (wife not thrilled, but survived), then shut it down. Immediately restarted and all was normal. May do a voltage check on each battery today or tomorrow.

I am thinking it was a cold weather that made the message show up... need to drive that beast more, but will check anyway. It may need a trip to the dealer shop for a complete charging system test, but will decide that later. Of course, the dealer is fifty miles from here, so a failing battery would have plenty of time to charge, and any error codes would likely disappear long before I got there.

As for faulty (new) batteries, I have seen this happen a couple of times, even with the more expensive batteries that have been charged properly before installation... it happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
how far will a 2014 ram 33500 run in battery saver mode
My 2013ram1500 4x4 Had a no start situation. Jumped it, no issue for minutes then battery save mode message came on. Replace: battery same issue, alternator same issue, and reset pcm then replaced fuses F23,F78,F32 as those lights came on after the rest. Put a charger on 4-6hrs ran 5 min then battery save mode came on again. I’m charging it and taking it in. Thinking fuse box/ PCM/ BAD GROUND. $600-$1500 troubleshooting pulse parts. Funny , took it in for recall on electronic tailgate actuator lever . Driving it about a day noticed radio was acting up. Then dash flicking lights next few times I drove it. Know combo of that and battery save mode. I’m think proper procedure was not followed and PCM was reset improperly or not at all if need.
I drove mine 10 minutes (after a good charge ), with battery save mode on it held a 12v for the entire time. I’m thinking I will make it to the dealer with another good charge. I’m looking forward to herring about what was done step buy step on the recall work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2014 Ram 2500 with 700 miles on it Anyone have any ideas I got Battery Saver Mode message on dash yesterday. After a few errands I stopped at store and when I came out Dead not able to start truck lights ,radio all other electrical functions seemed to be working. had to get jump on battery started right up. Anyone have this problem and can shed a little light on matter. I thought Alternator or belt because a little smell of burning rubber. Thoughts?
i bought a 2019 ram laramie mega cab 4x4 october 2019 four days later the battery saver mode comes on and i cant use uconnect, radio , navigation nothing. this has been happening constantly since then, ive had it in service and everytime they just replace stuff and it does it again. now they are trying to tell me that i dont drive enough. are you kidding me it started 4 days after i bought it. so your saying the truck is smart enough to know that i dont drive much but not smart enough to not have this problem.. i am tired of this problem and now filing a lemon law suit. im paying high dollar and i would like to have it working like it should.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i bought a 2019 ram laramie mega cab 4x4 october 2019 four days later the battery saver mode comes on and i cant use uconnect, radio , navigation nothing. this has been happening constantly since then, ive had it in service and everytime they just replace stuff and it does it again. now they are trying to tell me that i dont drive enough. are you kidding me it started 4 days after i bought it. so your saying the truck is smart enough to know that i dont drive much but not smart enough to not have this problem.. i am tired of this problem and now filing a lemon law suit. im paying high dollar and i would like to have it working like it should.
i purchased it brand new with 10 miles on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The battery saver (aka load shedding) means you have a charging issue, be it the alternator, drive belt, or PCM. Your warranty should cover it.
I bought a 2019 RAM 2500 Laramie mega cab 4x4 October 31st 2019 3 days later my battery saver mode comes on and shuts down anything in the screen , u connect, phone, music, navigation,etc .I work at a Chrysler dealership for going on 25 years and I’ve bought a lot of vehicles in that time and never had any issues, so now it’s been 15 months and I’ve had this truck in service starting on the 4th day that I bought it and about 10 times since and it’s in there again today all the times in service for the same reason. They keep replacing parts and charging my battery and nothing fixes the problem. Now they say “ well hers the thing, you don’t drive enough for this type of vehicle” I’m like are you flipping kidding me, what part of this has been going on since the third day after I bought it. Needless to say I’m getting no where with the company I work for so I feel I was forced to file the Lemon Law yesterday, Im out of options and I’m fed up. Now they are asking me where I park it. In a drive way or in a garage. Really??? This has been happening since the third day I bought it. WTF? hopefully Chrysler will do the right thing and step up to the plate. The dealer says well there are no 2019 RAM’S LIKE MINE available anymore!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Correction it happened three days after I bought it, it was put into service on the fourth day

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a 2019 RAM 2500 Laramie mega cab 4x4 October 31st 2019 3 days later my battery saver mode comes on and shuts down anything in the screen , u connect, phone, music, navigation,etc .I work at a Chrysler dealership for going on 25 years and I’ve bought a lot of vehicles in that time and never had any issues, so now it’s been 15 months and I’ve had this truck in service starting on the 4th day that I bought it and about 10 times since and it’s in there again today all the times in service for the same reason. They keep replacing parts and charging my battery and nothing fixes the problem. Now they say “ well hers the thing, you don’t drive enough for this type of vehicle” I’m like are you flipping kidding me, what part of this has been going on since the third day after I bought it. Needless to say I’m getting no where with the company I work for so I feel I was forced to file the Lemon Law yesterday, Im out of options and I’m fed up. Now they are asking me where I park it. In a drive way or in a garage. Really??? This has been happening since the third day I bought it. WTF? hopefully Chrysler will do the right thing and step up to the plate. The dealer says well there are no 2019 RAM’S LIKE MINE available anymore!!!!!
So are you saying that I should go to our service department and ask them if they thought about checking the alternator, or drive belt? Because I did see something in my papers about the pcm?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got this message. It's cold 30° and truck sat overnight outside (I'm camping) in 21° weather. Will the battery saver message go away once the truck heats up?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got this message. It's cold 30° and truck sat overnight outside (I'm camping) in 21° weather. Will the battery saver message go away once the truck heats up?
If the batteries are OK (load test 'em), and after running for a few minutes, try shutting off and restarting the engine. When mine did that, the message did not appear again.

Update: Yesterday afternoon, after driving ~10 miles, I parked the truck and then restarted it several minutes later. I noticed the "Battery Saver Mode" message for literally a split second. Of course, not enough time (nor forethought) to hang the Fluke on it to see the actual voltage, but everything worked OK. Will keep an eye on it, as the batteries were replaced five months ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2014 Ram 2500 with 700 miles on it Anyone have any ideas I got Battery Saver Mode message on dash yesterday. After a few errands I stopped at store and when I came out Dead not able to start truck lights ,radio all other electrical functions seemed to be working. had to get jump on battery started right up. Anyone have this problem and can shed a little light on matter. I thought Alternator or belt because a little smell of burning rubber. Thoughts?
I have a 2019 ram 2500 laramie 4x4 and ive had this issue starting from four days after i bought it and its been 14 months and the service department still cant find out what is causing it. and they say that an engineer cant come due to Covid so here i am with a truck with a long list of elctrical issues due to the battery saver mode coming on and causing my screen to shut down and not able to use phone , music, navigation etc. a 61000.00 vehicle. great for resale value
im still fighting to get this fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2013ram1500 4x4 Had a no start situation. Jumped it, no issue for minutes then battery save mode message came on. Replace: battery same issue, alternator same issue, and reset pcm then replaced fuses F23,F78,F32 as those lights came on after the rest. Put a charger on 4-6hrs ran 5 min then battery save mode came on again. I’m charging it and taking it in. Thinking fuse box/ PCM/ BAD GROUND. $600-$1500 troubleshooting pulse parts. Funny , took it in for recall on electronic tailgate actuator lever . Driving it about a day noticed radio was acting up. Then dash flicking lights next few times I drove it. Know combo of that and battery save mode. I’m think proper procedure was not followed and PCM was reset improperly or not at all if need.
I drove mine 10 minutes (after a good charge ), with battery save mode on it held a 12v for the entire time. I’m thinking I will make it to the dealer with another good charge. I’m looking forward to herring about what was done step buy step on the recall work.
I purchased a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega cab new and four days after taking delivery the battery saver mode came on, I was not able to use the radio, u connect , navigation etc unless I stopped the truck turned the truck off and restart it. And you never knew when it was going to happen again, I’ve had it in the shop now about 8-9 times for the same problem in the past 14 months. They have replaced the battery twice amongst other things and still not fixed. Now the dealer is saying it’s my fault because I don’t drive enough so they pretty much washed their hands of it. Did I mention it started 4 days after I bought it brand new! So here I sit with a 65000.00 vehicle that will now have no trade in value or resale value because of the long history of electrical problems and the dealer can’t find the problem has now turned the blame on me and washed their hands of helping me to get this replaced. I’ve been fighting with this issue for the past 14 months. Again four days after I bought it!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts