DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here on long island we had a winter storm hit us on Tuesday into Wednesday. So on Wednesday around 9AM, I remote started my truck so it could warm up as I cleared off the snow from the vehicle. Well once I cleaned off the vehicle, I shut the car off, locked it and went inside.

Well now Thursday morning(today), I went to remote start the vehicle and didnt work so I said to myself that's weird but shrugged it off. Well I went outside to turn it on to go to work and the door wouldn't open. I then tried pressing the unlock on the keyfob and still nothing!!!

So i used the actual key to open the driver door and its was completely dead, no lights, no radio, nothing!

So Thankfully I have a jumperbox and I had to jump the start the car. Car started after about a minute of hooking up the jump box. Took the box off and everything was fine besides the EVIC screen in the dash stayed off... weird i know.

Got to work locked the car and went on with my day. 8 hrs later I remote started my car, drove home, EVIC and everything else was back to normal like nothing ever happened.

Got home and decided to check the voltages on the battery with my voltmeter. I get a strong 12.66 which from what I understand is a full charge. My commute to work is only 15 mins each way. 30 mins I highly doubt will give a battery a full charge.

Any ideas!
Sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
708 Posts
If you have leveling suspention there is a post on here that talks about how it drains your battery if not parked on level ground.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know about that but there is a safety cutoff where the compressor stops due to a low battery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too had the same thing happen to me took it to the dealer. Had them update uconnect haven't had any more problems

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Batteries can die quite suddenly. Are the terminals corroded or "foamed up" with salty air damage?
Nope, terminals where nice and shinny. perfectly clean and the connectors were nice and tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts