DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a suggestion for my 2018 , iam running a system and other extras. I was going Optima but sadly find out they dont make them for my trucks...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
do more research.
Optima been junk for years.

use search feature tons of threds with in depth discussions on batteries.

East Penn /Dekka
Odyssey
Batteries plus X2 battery

if buying store brand read the hazmat data sheet to find the real manufacturer.
Gel batteries work well in Rams.

Again, use the search tool and research.
If you gave me an Optima, I'd sell the POS and get a real Battery..

if only gong to do one google search, do one on Optima battery ebing sold then sold again.
shipping manufacturing off to mexico because that always makes everything better.

if doing two google searches, google sears battery scandal
execs actually got prison sentences for that one.
good luck

Reactions: HEMIMANN

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allright man, thanks. I have always bought the Optima Yellow cap for my other trucks and been great, for as good as 5 years in Arizona heat.. But i think Odyssey will be the one

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Deka are some of the finest batteries and are a great choice See if you have a Deka distributer in your area, AutoZone Dura Last Gold or Platinum is also a good choice and have an excellent reputation. The Gold and Platinum are close together but you said that you have some extras on your electrical system so sometimes the Platinum depending on the model of battery can provide more cold crank amps and or a little more reserve power over the Gold but some times they are very close together in their specs. I have used Dura Last Gold batteries in multiple Rams and they have worked well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you want conventional flooded wet cell, East Penn (Deka, Duracell). High quality, still made in USA.

If you want AGM, Odyssey or X2, also made in USA. X2 is a newer brand made up of ex-Odyssey people, and is excellent. But also app. 20% more for not that much more performance, IMHO. I go with Odyssey.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Oreilly's AGM Store brand battery i made by East Penn/Dekka.
That;s what I got in my truck now.

·
Registered
16" Tradesman, Hemi, Ram Box
10 Posts
Not sure what Costco stocks size wise for the Ram. I got a "Free" battery from the stealership just before the 3/36 ran out and haven't bought one for my 16 yet. But the Costco 3 year non-prorated warranty on Interstates is unbeatable. I have replaced the battery in an 06 Avalon 4 times for the cost of one battery. Every replacement comes with a new 3 yr warranty. Arizona is tough on batteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts