DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am debating between 2 bed extenders and wanted to know if anyone has feedback on either.
Pro's vs Con's

I am considering the Mopar Bed Extender (swings in and out) or the Topline Bed Extender (mounts to tailgate and is fold-able) - click on the name to go to the links

Both are similarly priced at $300. Dealer is actually giving me 10% of the Mopar one but if the Topline is better, I'd rather go with the better one.

Also, I have the Bakflip F1 cover, so it will have to work with that. Not sure if either both with it...

If you have other recommendations I am open to hear about them also.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the mopar extender and have been pretty happy with it. I was surprised that the unit had to be assembled (thought it would be one piece) but it actually turned out to be a good thing.

When you use the extender with a BakFlip you have to narrow the bed extender slightly to get it to clear the BakFlip mounting rails, which you can do with the MOPAR extender. Six screws will need to be untorqued, adjust the extender width, retighten the screws and you are done.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the mopar extender and have been pretty happy with it. I was surprised that the unit had to be assembled (thought it would be one piece) but it actually turned out to be a good thing.

When you use the extender with a BakFlip you have to narrow the bed extender slightly to get it to clear the BakFlip mounting rails, which you can do with the MOPAR extender. Six screws will need to be untorqued, adjust the extender width, retighten the screws and you are done.
When adjusted to be slightly narrower, and then retighten, does it not try to pull itself closer to the bed or are there spacers included to fill the small gap?
Im guessing there isnt any spacers provided and doing this still does nothing to the strength of it...
Does it wobble around given there is now small spacing?
Just trying to understand exactly before purchasing and possibly not being able to return..
Thanks for you quick response...

I like the bed extender that comes with the RamBox, too bad we cant get it for us peeps who have a standard box...
I agree. It would make it so much easier :thk:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I went with an AMP Research bed extender because you dont have to drill holes into your bed as with the MOPAR one. Also i like the way the straps clip right into the tailgate latch to keep the gate down. check it out before you decide.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
My bed extender/bed divider works great with my Rambox! It is fully adjustable!
I just had to rub it in!

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have a mopar one, which also says "amp" on it. if clark at autoanything carries amp you will save some dollars. my extender works extremely well.
That is exactly what I heard...that the Mopar is the AMP extender.
My problem is I am in Canada and going the amp route doesnt save me much unless i ship it to a US address...then its a HUGE savings over Mopar

Lmao, that was an unfairkickazz haaaaaaaaaaaa right to the side of the head, lol, I'm jealous also.
:LOL:

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have a mopar one, which also says "amp" on it. if clark at autoanything carries amp you will save some dollars. my extender works extremely well.
The AMP one is what I ordered and heck of a lot cheaper than the MOPAR one at the dealer.

I got quoted $300 (+ 13% sales tax) for the MOPAR and paid $185 (no tax) for the AMP bed extender through AutoAnything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was just looking into a bed extender for my 2012 Sport quad cab w/ 5' 7" bed. Any thoughts about carrying an ATV in the bed with one of these, can the tail carry that weight safely? Sorry. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was just looking into a bed extender for my 2012 Sport quad cab w/ 5' 7" bed. Any thoughts about carrying an ATV in the bed with one of these, can the tail carry that weight safely? Sorry. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Not hijacking at all....perfectly good question that I cannot answer

From what I have read, you should be ok. Some say they put 2x6 down the bed and some use plywood to disburse the weight.
Only what I have read but I'm sure someone who knows will chime in

1 - 20 of 44 Posts