DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey there 2tone, welcome to the forum, glad to have u here. I'm kinda new to this as well. But what state u live in? I live in Tacoma Washington, I have a full metal jacket spray in bedliner and I believe it's 90mm grade. I love it a lot and I'm lookin into have the dealership put a remote start on my stick alarm system but it's pretty spendy like $600 for the remote start to be added.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Montgomery Al .remote start is nice it came with this model of truck I own but the dealer wanted to do a spray in liner for 800 dollars and I said forget it I will shop around for one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have gone with the Bed Rug solution and it is great. The only issues that I have run into in the past is when ya throw weeds and sticks in to the truck that stuff gets stuck in the carpet pile and takes a bit longer to clean out. As for rocks, mud and sand that hoses out quickly. The photo is the last part of my installation

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
If i didn't have permanently mounted tool boxes in my Ram's bed
I would have gone with the BEDRUG, i like the one from the dealership with the Ram Head
I had to mount my very large toolboxes & went with the spray in Line-X bed liner
I also had it on my last pickup

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have heard Line-X is the best product. Not too poorly priced either. as far as Alarms, I have a Python Alarm/Start. Works pretty good, range is excellent and can have it hooked up to my phone. Handy as all hell

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had rhino liner on my last truck.

It was excellent for durability but it faded and looked generally pretty bad towards the end.

I don't know if there is any spray in that WON'T fade in the sun, but I'm a Tonneau cover guy now, so...

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
I had rhino liner on my last truck.

It was excellent for durability but it faded and looked generally pretty bad towards the end.

I don't know if there is any spray in that WON'T fade in the sun, but I'm a Tonneau cover guy now, so...
thought rhino would respray if it faded under warranty?

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
I have gone with the Bed Rug solution and it is great. The only issues that I have run into in the past is when ya throw weeds and sticks in to the truck that stuff gets stuck in the carpet pile and takes a bit longer to clean out. As for rocks, mud and sand that hoses out quickly. The photo is the last part of my installation
i keep procrastinating on the bed rug as i think i might just leave the bed open. how is yours holding up to rain and snow, does it hold water underneath. i would try a carpet rake to get the weeds and grass clippings out.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I know it gets bashed quite often but I have the Rhino. So far the thing is amazing and is holding up very well. As far as an auto start, I plan on doing an aftermarket unit because of all the other features included. However if all your looking for in JUST the auto start then go with the factory unit...:smileup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have professionally-installed Line-X in mine for the last 14 months with the UV-resistant upgrade. Came with a lifetime warranty, and I got it installed for $575 (it was $200 off as a car show special). Great product. I've tossed/shoved/dragged a lot of big/heavy/bulky items across it, and it's hardly scratched. Color is still dark black, and I don't have a tonneau or anything over it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just had my Bedtred Installed yesterday for $480 tax included. It won't get your truck bed waterproof but I will save it from dents and scratches from what it seemed.

For alarm, got the stock one but am adding a remote start. Had ordered Xpresskit DB-All so I won't need another key for by just using the OEM. Paid $65 for the module and $25 for the T-harness plug and play.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't have a sprayed in liner in mine but my brother inlaw has had full metal jacket,and line-x in his trucks and he prefered line-x.....As far as a remote start goes I've had a python in my civic for 9 years without any issues....

·
Registered
112 Posts
LINE-X Premium. Won't fade like Rhino and is WAY stronger than Rhino.

Full Metal Jacket is not bad, but it's 100% polyurea and is hard as a rock. It will also fade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts