DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
For those looking for a bed rack that will work with most tonneau covers I will highly recommend the Adarac system. There didn't seem to be many options and even less reviews. I ordered the Adarac online for under $500 shipped to my door to be used with my Bakflip G2 cover. They work perfectly together.

The rack is solid built and powder coated. It mounts pretty easy using the four corner pocket holes. It is adjustable for spacing front to back and width wise but not for height. It clears my cab by a couple inches but not enough for a canoe. I have to figure a way to add a block or something for that. The best part is that it fits tight against and level with the G2 tracks so that the weather stripping sits on top of the rack rails and keeps it fairly water tight and the rack uprights don't interfere with opening the cover.

http://www.accesscover.com/adarac/

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
I like the fit & look...JOB WELL DONE :smileup:

Thanks for taking the time to Post & Share ;)

·
Premium Member
32,667 Posts
I had a rack on my 2009 without a hard tonneau & i just had to trim it a bit to use it on my 2016 with G2 Tonneau
I can't open the flap nearest the cab, but i don't use that flap anyway

You can view the rail plate that a shop made for me, he bent the metal to form to the trucks sheet metal

the reason that i can't open the front flap of the cover, is because the rack follows the roof line

·
Registered
26 Posts
For those looking for a bed rack that will work with most tonneau covers I will highly recommend the Adarac system. There didn't seem to be many options and even less reviews. I ordered the Adarac online for under $500 shipped to my door to be used with my Bakflip G2 cover. They work perfectly together.

The rack is solid built and powder coated. It mounts pretty easy using the four corner pocket holes. It is adjustable for spacing front to back and width wise but not for height. It clears my cab by a couple inches but not enough for a canoe. I have to figure a way to add a block or something for that. The best part is that it fits tight against and level with the G2 tracks so that the weather stripping sits on top of the rack rails and keeps it fairly water tight and the rack uprights don't interfere with opening the cover.

http://www.accesscover.com/adarac/

I have been looking at this exact one too. So, question, I have a '19 Ram, how hard was it cutting the plastic out for the bed rail mounting holes? Any tricks?

JACKO

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been looking at this exact one too. So, question, I have a '19 Ram, how hard was it cutting the plastic out for the bed rail mounting holes? Any tricks?

JACKO
You can view the rail plate that a shop made for me, he bent the metal to form to the trucks sheet metal

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a rack on my 2009 without a hard tonneau & i just had to trim it a bit to audacity temp mail originuse it on my 2016 with G2 Tonneau
I can't open the flap nearest the cab, but i don't use that flap anyway

the reason that i can't open the front flap of the cover, is because the rack follows the roof line

Nice one bro

·
Registered
1 Posts

ADARAC Truck Bed Racks Line Up Page LINEUP

Hey Jetboy. I’ve been looking for this set up. Adarac says the Bakflip 2 will not work with the uprights that slant in like you have. Looks much better than the straight 90 degree ones they want to sell you for bakflip2. How’s the clearance when you open the cover? Do you have a picture with it opening? Much appreciated if you do.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I built my own stake pocket rack. I can install or remove it in about 5 minutes. I could do one for the front of the box but I have a Yakima rack over the roof to do that to carry my canoes or anything of any length. I think I posted pictures of it somewhere. I too have a G2 and mine works great with it..

·
Registered
2019, 1500 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab
23 Posts
Thanks for the write up. I am looking at ordering the whole system from BAC. I've found a few videos on installation - seems pretty easy. I do not have a bed liner. Any real need in getting one? I would like to keep the cover on all the time - with the ability to take it off if I am putting something bulk in the bed. Seems I can just set the cover in the bed as well (just undoing some wing nuts at the cab end of the cover). Or it may even be able to latch in an open position?
The rack holds 500 lbs., the cover 400. The price is $1,600 for the aluminum cover, or spend $170 more for fiberglass and upgraded latch (and longer warranty). Any thoughts on differences?
Also, drain hose? What is that?

·
Registered
2019, 1500 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab
23 Posts
I am planning to get a hard folding Tonneau cover for my Dodge Ram 2015. Can someone give some recommendations or advice on which to purchase?
I went ahead with the pricey (IMHO) BACflip CS/F1 plus the rack. Total after tax just under $2k... I want the hard cover that can hold 400 lbs. (the rack holds 500). So, we can take kayak and bikes camping while pulling a camper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts