DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2500 Tradesman 4x4 6.4 Hemi and 6 ft bed and would like to know what any of you are using for reaching into the bed of your Rams, I've been looking at some of the swing down style that fold backup under the bed but before spending 200 plus bucks on some for the side of the truck I would like to see who is running what. I have the Diamond dee Zee cab length running boards which is nice for getting into the cab for the grand kids and wife. Any opinion or help greatly appreciated.
Carol.

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
801 Posts
I assume you are talking about the ladder type on the tail gate ?? The AMPs that are powered are big $$$ I agree with Yankee they are great ! I have a Quad Cab with wheel to wheel running boards. I can reach most things in the bed and may have to go to other side for some ! I am also 6ft 3 and long monkey arm :O so that helps me lol A cheap way could be a foot stool or a 3 or 4 ft ladder.. I have seen those that mount on the tail gate but 2/300$ range . For me it all depends on function for MY needs! I will be following to see what other have to say that would be more useful then mine :)

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
AMP Research has the best unit
They are also rebranded & sold by Mopar

I don't like them for only 1 reason, they are made to mount on the drivers side of the vehicle. I think they need to make them to mount on the passenger side, where it is less dangerous to get up & down when you are parked on the street

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rado, I want the ones that mount just in front of the rear tire so I can reach into my tool box I'm 5'10" tall and 73 yrs so hard to get in the bed. I would like the one that Yankee mentioned the AMP Research but they only mount on the drivers side. and I wonder how well they are built and if they are spring loaded, I bought the one that mounted on the reat to get into the bed but the spring broke on it after just 6 months use and it was expensive and not well made. I like the Bully swing out one but it isn't made for my 2016 2500 so looking for something that is not spring loaded. When I bought the 2016 no one made the wheel to wheel running board but now I see there is a couple that do I like the DEE ZEE running boards but they don't come in wheel to wheel as yet. Thanks for all the help guess it will be a step stool until I find something or save up for one of the wheel to wheel running boards.

Carol

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
801 Posts
Carol I am surprised no wheel to wheel for your 2500 ! I did not find any either in Quad Cab ! I wonder if the 1500 boards would fit ? I thought I read in a thread someone use 2500 brackets on the 1500 or something like that ! I assume the cabs are the same,as it does not may economic sense to change every part on 1500/3500 cabs "O Hopefully a 2500 Owner will chime in.. Have you posted on the other RAM forum ? More eye to see your thread :) If I find anything I will repost...Have you talked to your dealer,s tech/parts person yet ???

Found these . Not sure how good they are !!

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...k:2016+ram+2500+wheel+to+wheel+running+boards

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rado, I have not talked lately with my dealer but he said his information does not indicate that the 1500 brackets or running boards will work on a 2500 or 3500 Ram. I currently have the 7" DEE ZEE diamond plate cab running board but DEE ZEE does not make a extension for them. I really would like to stay with the 7" wide style with wheel to wheel length as my wife needs a good wide step to get into the cab. Also no I do not belong on any other forums to post my questions so hope fully some one here will post a input on the fold down side steps or a 7"running board available for my Ram. Please if you hear from another forum I would appreciate you passing it on to me.
CAROL

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
801 Posts
Ill keep my ears open, If I get a reply on the other forum Ill let you know

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Instead of carrying around a step ladder, the tire step is fairly compact
I believe it is a better product all around & it can be used on any of the 4 tires for reaching into the bed or cleaning your windshield
You also don't have the expense of buying different nerf bars or a spring loaded step at the tailgate

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paco, the current DEE ZEE cab length running boards are 851/2 inches long. They end just before the end of the cab.

Carol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts