DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend told me he opted for a rubber mat since the plastic liner allowed stuff to move around the bed too easily when he turned corners and the spray in was just too darn much money. Anyone else just have a rubber mat down in their bed? Not really gonna be much of a work truck now since I am retired.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a rubber mat. It is very good at minimizing any sliding. It was on sale for about $80. I am happy with it.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
The plastic liner also gets dirt under it
The dirt retains moisture & causes the beginning of corrosion

Bedrug also makes a Bedmat & Bedtread
I believe that Husky & Weathertech also make mats

products for the 2019 Ram should be available soon

·
Registered
771 Posts
Rubber mat also collects dust, dirt, sand and will scratch the bed underneath. Neither are perfect at protecting the bed from scratches.

Since I didn't care about dents in the bed....just wanted to keep it from getting scratched and rusty, I went with spray-in Rhino-Lining. $500. For another $100 they sprayed my silver brush guard ('16 Rebel).

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
The Deezee mat is 3/8" thick

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
The Deezee mat is really nice. I ran one for a while in my 2015 Ram until I got my LineX done. For me, a spray in bedliner is a must have in my trucks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a rubber mat. It is very good at minimizing any sliding. It was on sale for about $80. I am happy with it.
I found it on eBay but main issue is having one for the 2019 model Ram short bed. With the cab being a bit bigger, not sure if anything was taken from the bed?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I found it on eBay but main issue is having one for the 2019 model Ram short bed. With the cab being a bit bigger, not sure if anything was taken from the bed?
look at the wheelbase of the DT. the crewcab shortbed is now 144.6 up from 140, length is up to 233 from 229. so the longer cab is almost all offset by the longer frame and wheelbase.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
had a plastic bed liner in my 99 2500. no topper. took it out, right before I traded, for a look-see and, after 15 years, bed looked perfect. Like brand new,

Stuff does slide on them.

this truck, I went with the spray in liner. Then got Dee Zee bed mat cause the spray in liner killed my knees. Now, I wished had gone with the bed rug with the nice, matching tailgate section.

Don't get me wrong, Love, love my Dee Zee mat. That said, the tailgate mat flat out sucks. needs tirmmed, is one piece fits all and plain crappy looking. took it back and have nothing on tailgate.

same issue as before, the spray in liner kills my knees, on the tailgate.

hope this helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
The plastic liner also gets dirt under it
The dirt retains moisture & causes the beginning of corrosion
Mostly an urban myth began about the time spray started and for obvious reasons. Maybe if you keep the truck 30 or 40 years, but I'll bet other parts will rust out quicker than the bed floor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Westin rubber mat only at this time. Works well enough to keep things from siding around. May end up getting it sprayed at some point.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just ordered DeeZee Bed Mat. Figure I'll do the spray in liner in the next year and then still have the mat to keep in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Line X, my dads ram also has the line X and we can't be happier that stuff is amazing. My dads last truck had the Rhino Liner but faded and rubbed off after a few years. when I was a kid all we had were the plastic drop ins but my dad would always find rust underneath it after a year or so, eventually the rust would eat through the bed and he would have to get one from the junk yard to replace it. I am hoping the cost of the Line X will be worth the years of rust free protection. the only down side is when they sprayed it they didn't take out the plug for the gas tank so if I ever need to drop the tank I will have to cut the line X to get the plug out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts