DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my BedRug now for about a year and thought I would write a short review and post some pics. When I first got my truck I starting researching on-line to find the right bedliner. Wow! I was surprised to find so many choices. I finally decided on the BedRug. It took me and my nephew about 45 minutes to unpack, clean bed, and install. I would not recommend installing it at high noon in the middle of summer with no shade, we nearly died of heat stroke. lol. Middle-of-the-road as far as price, but seems to be of high quality. I have hauled sod, mulch, boxes, cases of beverages, bagged garbage, people, etc, you name it. It cleans up very well with a broom and/or vacuum, and water hose for extra dirty crap. There are NO signs of wear thus far. I do not have a garage so the truck sits out in the weather every day/night. Even after heavy rain, the Bedrug appears to be totally dry in just a couple of hours, water drains out of the factory drain holes. So far I am very pleased and would recommend this product. The funniest thing about having a Bedrug is all the people that say, "OMG - You have CARPET in the bed of your truck!" "It's going to get dirty and ruined back there!" Then I tell them that although it looks like carpet, it is really a plastic material that doesn't fade or stain, and isn't harmed by the weather. They still look at me all confused. LOL

·
Registered
471 Posts
i had one of these in my mazda pick up and loved it. i did have a tonneau over mine however but yes they do clean up rather nicely. i mtn bike and had red clay on it several times and it vacuumed right up without staining.

·
Premium Member
32,681 Posts
I would have installed the Bedrug IF i did not haul 2 extra large toolboxes with me everywhere, they are both bolted through the beds floor
so i had my bed sprayed with Line-X

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have installed the Bedrug IF i did not haul 2 extra large toolboxes with me everywhere, they are both bolted through the beds floor
so i had my bed sprayed with Line-X
Yeah, big ole tool boxes and really heavy or sharp things in the bed call for something stronger like Line-X, etc. But for light-duty, it's hard to beat the Rug.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Great review! :rep:

I've had mine for a little over a year, and I've been just as happy. I do have mine hidden underneath a hard cover though. This is the first time I've seen one uncovered, even though I knew the company claimed that it was weather resistant.

Exco

·
Registered
480 Posts
looks brand new ! -- good review -- hard to believe it looks that good and its out in the weather 24-7

do you worry about the bed bed rotting out when the carpet gets soaked ? or is it not like a sponge ?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts