DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between the move, getting settled in, building a deck on the new house (myself), doing some landscaping, and now school starting up for me again in the fall (2 semesters away from my Bachelor's!), It's been a long year. But I did manage to find some time to make some changes to my Ram.

First we have the peeling paint mod. You can read about it via the 2 links below:

https://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=243283

https://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=252415

It's taken awhile but FCA is finally stepping up to the plate to help me out with a fix. I am glad, looks like maybe I wont be switching brands after all.

Some of the other mods I have done include:

-Custom built front brush guard (in progress, had to fab up the mounts, and that took awhile).

-Sold the 35x12.5x20 Firestone Destination M/T's and put on 33x11.5x20 Firestone Destination A/T's. I couldn't take the harsh ride and road noise of the MT's anymore. It made my truck feel like it was going to fall apart. Also went from 12mpg avg back to 17.

-put on bushwacker pocket flares, and plasti-dipped them black to give them some texture.

-Plasti-dipped most of the chrome (I need to get some more dip to do window moldings and door handles and mirrors),

-Added burnt stainless exhaust tips. Love the look.

-Added power for my hitch mounted winch setup. Great for loading cars on trailers, and you can lock the winch up in the truck, don't have to leave it out in the elements on the trailer.

-Completely rewired and moved around all of my LED lighting. I put each light on its on circuit with a fuse through a fuse block, and an illuminated toggle switch.

-Added rear loading lights

-Added bed lighting

-Got new side steps. They are N-Fab look-alikes from Tyger Auto. I love 'em and they weren't $1,000.

-Added some extra gauges, one for air pressure for the rear bags, and one for voltage (because lighting).

-Plasti-dipped the laramie stock wheels.

-painted interior trim to match body (with a little extra pearl in it)

-painted calipers to match body the same.

-Blacked out the taillight covers that were chrome.

-Added a CAI

-Pedal Commander (Love that thing)

ok, enough with that. On to the pix!

^^Air compressor switch^^

^^Fuse block^^

^^After trim paint, but before the new switch and wiring setup^^ That black switch bank you see caught fire, and if I hadn't been in the truck working on it, it would have burnt my truck to the ground. Stupid chinese crap. Luckily the only thing damaged was the switch bank itself. There was a ton of smoke coming out of it when I cut the main power wire.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Good grief, it looks like an entirely different truck!

Those exhaust tips look great with your paint color too

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, its getting there slowly. I decided on plasti-dip on the chrome, that way if I ever sell it, I can just peel it off. The factory laramie 20's look badass in black, so I might eventually remove the cladding and have them powdercoated.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some other pix:

^^Intake

^^RanchHand Brush guard a buddy and I are fabbing up for fitment. It came off an F150 that was rear-ended and totalled at the body shop he works at. He gave it and some fab labor to me in exchange for an arc welder I can't use (because I suck at welding :p )

^^Did my own 3m ClearBra. Turned out good.

^^Bed Lighting

^^rear work lights

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,644 Posts
We (the pro chromies) lost another one. :shakehead:

Best of luck!

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts

Best of luck!

??? He has more chrome than either of us

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
I see that you still have the Ramfest sign :)

Nice mods by the way, looking sharp !!

I lost a lot of pix, Imageshack drops them quite often
I know that they are still on a SD drive some where

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,644 Posts
??? He has more chrome than either of us
My 5" wide wheel lip of 20" circumference is deceiving, once he paints the bumpers and rain deflectors it'll be all over but the tears :gy:

Army-I do like the exhaust tips, did you have to weld those on or could they be clamped to leave the return to OEM option?

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Best of luck!
I still love chrome, but black accessories are cheaper ;) not only that, but I believe there is such a thing as too much. I had arrived at that point. Lucky for me, its all plasti-dip, so not permanent.

My 5" wide wheel lip of 20" circumference is deceiving, once he paints the bumpers and rain deflectors it'll be all over but the tears :gy:

Army-I do like the exhaust tips, did you have to weld those on or could they be clamped to leave the return to OEM option?
They are weld on, but I am sure you can get some clamp on in this style.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,454 Posts
Your RAM looks awesome great mods and the install of them is excellent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts