1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I really have to do this to mine!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've got the Magnaflow Y pipe, just haven't got it put on yet. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Good Job on correcting a factory pinch point, did mine last year
once you free up your intake air with a CAI and bored out trottle body to get more air in,
...a set of JBA shorties will really open up the flow without hurting your lower end toque...

:doh: the stock cast iron log is a dog!

·
Registered
71 Posts
is this a universle Y or a specific fit for the Hemi? and a Part# and who stocks this? did you weld it yourself and if you did is there any special wire or settings you had to use? i have a miller 185 but im still an amateur welder. Thnx

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I was thinking of just replacing the stock muffler with a magna flow, this has redirected my thinking. The pics made all the difference.
You'll still want to dump the stock muffler, its a huge restrictive boat anchor, multi chambered, multi baffled POS that weighs a ton.

Magnaflows have a straight flow through design with a perforated central core wrapped in acoustical fiber fill

is this a universle Y or a specific fit for the Hemi? and a Part# and who stocks this? did you weld it yourself and if you did is there any special wire or settings you had to use? i have a miller 185 but im still an amateur welder. Thnx

Looks like a universal Magnaflow part#10778 to me ;) , summit or jegs sells them for $27

that's what I used:

welded in place with a couple mandrel bent stainless steel elbows...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks really good! I do have a question: Why not replace it with an x-pipe and a dual in/dual out magna flow? One of the local shops in DFW said that was the preferred way. Also. does putting on headers affect the warranty?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I used the Magnaflow Y part #10778 and I got it from Summit for $27 shipped to my door. My friend did the welding and I couldnt tell you the details of what he used for wire, feed & speed as I know nothing about welding. I did all of the cutting & fitting. Really wasnt that hard to do, just time consuming to get each bend & pipe exactly how I wanted it with the least restrictive path.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts