DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know I haven't been around for a while but man it has been a crazy time... But I would like to share with y'all this:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks awesome, but be careful with running them while your going down the road. Most states have laws prohibiting Red, Blue lights being visible while the vehicle is in motion...

But it looks awesome man...

Here is a link that may help you a little http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/TN/htm/TN.547.htm#547.305

It is some of the laws pertaining to vehicles, I would have looked for the actual section that applies to your vehicle, but I just got home from work... Check with a local police officer if you have any questions, they will be able to assist you with how the laws actually apply in your state... Just speaking from experience before I got into police work I had a show truck that had blue lights. I was hit head on by a drunk driver and when the state trooper got there he saw the remnants of my blue lights in the grill and corners and cited me for them, even though I was not at fault, or even displaying the lights when the crash happened I still had to appear in court...

·
Banned
10,365 Posts
Looks good I was looking at doing this too. And yeah I don't think to popo like blue lights on the vehicle. IN my car I had them inside and got stopped a couple times.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wermbang It's funny you use the term POPO my kids and i heard that on a movie and use it all the time very funny.

E

·
0 Posts
Nice!!! I agree with Blue, don't run on the streets with those on...the LEO's will write that one up in a New York Minute!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's hard not to turn them on at night =)

I will have to talk to a local police officer and see whats up...

I got another mod posting pics tomorrow hopefully or later on today we'll see.

I guess I'm gonna need a switch since they are running along with my fogs.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Man that looks awesome to bad the POPO will be on ya for using it though!! Hahah its something i would like to do but id rather pic a different color so i can drive with them on :smileup:

The blue looks so nice though!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Looks pretty cool! Good job man

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks awesome Cantu! How did you wire them in? I have mine run to a relay off my dome light, so they come on when I open the truck but turn off when I drive. Thought about that? Would keep the bears off yer tail

Here's my setup:
I spliced the fogs, so when I turn my fogs on they come on, I might just put a manual switch because I am planing on adding more LEDs around the truck, but that's another story man.

I like how urs look =)

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Thanks man. :smileup:

I'm going with more LEDs as well. To make it easier for joining all the LEDs to a single input line, pick up a distribution block it'll make life a lot easier. A manual switch would work nicely provided you have a single line activating all the lights.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks awesome, but be careful with running them while your going down the road. Most states have laws prohibiting Red, Blue lights being visible while the vehicle is in motion...

But it looks awesome man...

Here is a link that may help you a little http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/TN/htm/TN.547.htm#547.305

It is some of the laws pertaining to vehicles, I would have looked for the actual section that applies to your vehicle, but I just got home from work... Check with a local police officer if you have any questions, they will be able to assist you with how the laws actually apply in your state... Just speaking from experience before I got into police work I had a show truck that had blue lights. I was hit head on by a drunk driver and when the state trooper got there he saw the remnants of my blue lights in the grill and corners and cited me for them, even though I was not at fault, or even displaying the lights when the crash happened I still had to appear in court...
FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION LAWS AGAINST LEDS... I SEE YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA TOO. DO YOU THINK YOU COULD SHED SOME LIGHT ON MY PROBLEM? I GOT SOME OLD RETIRED COP THAT HASSLES ME KNOW & THEN WHEN HE DRIVES BY MY HOUSE AND SEES ME WRENCHING ON MY TRUCK. ALL BECAUSE I HAVE SOME BLUE LED STRIPS THAT RUN & DOWN THE PILLARS, THEYRE FOR THE ALARM & ARE ONLY ON WHEN THE ALARM IS ON. HE HASSLES ME SAYING THAT IM IMPERSONATING A SARGENT OR HIGH RANKING OFFICER THAT ONLY USE BLUE LIGHTS & HOW HES GONNA REPORT ME & SO ON. I KNOW THEY CANT BE ON WHILE ON THE ROAD BUT IS IT STILL ILLEGAL TO HAVE THEM ON WHILE PARKED??? HELP ME OUT WITH THIS PLEASE. :4-dontknow:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts