DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I never had any plans on doing this swap because my truck is only a reg cab, but I found this console with the console shifter out of a totalled 2013 1500 Sport 2 hours away for $450 CDN and had to jump on it. End up having to buy a new bucket, front bracket, and bucket matt from the dealer for a shocking $200, so I'm in it about $650. In saying this if anyone wants a console shifter I've got one for sale haha.

I feel I got a good deal. There is a couple white dots on the leather, the gloss black radio bezel has a lot of micro scratches, and the previous owner must have has kids the kicked the back of it up pretty good and left a few scuff marks, but I'm not too concerned because I'll never see them.

Install was relatively easy. Took about an hour to swap the radio bezel with all the inserts over to the new one, and then about 3 hours to pull the seats, put the console in, and bolt it all back together, included mounting the two other 12v plugs.

Prepare yourself, a lot of pictures.

Here's the ad I saw

Basically stock interior before:

Radio bezel removed - Found it weird I have the plug for the 115V outlet hidden behind the dash. Of coarse it doesn't work, still odd that it's there on a base truck.

New bezel on

Front bracket on - primed and painted because they all come bare metal for some stupid reason

Mid swap

Rear bracket - also primed and painted

When you do the swap, you end up with two 12V plugs behind the dash that you have no where to plug into. I didn't want to waste them, so I punch a hole into the dash.

Here it is done - looks factory to me

The other plug i hid under the front of the console with my dash cam plugged into. Hopefully the cam never breaks because it will not be fun getting it back out.

And done! :smileup:

What a beaut!

Probably the highest end interior out there with roll up windows haha

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow, that's crazy! Nice work! That is a cool combo of features. Didn't even know base trucks came with roll up windows. Wondering, do the base 14's still come with the upper "glove box" or was it originally a cubby space?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that's crazy! Nice work! That is a cool combo of features. Didn't even know base trucks came with roll up windows. Wondering, do the base 14's still come with the upper "glove box" or was it originally a cubby space?
Thanks! Yeah roll up windows, no power locks. Work truck at its finest. Done a fair bit to it to make it look decent.

And it was a cubby space. Added the glove box about a year ago

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks! Yeah roll up windows, no power locks. Work truck at its finest. Done a fair bit to it to make it look decent.

And it was a cubby space. Added the glove box about a year ago
What's your next Interior mod? 8.4 Uconnect?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Haha close. The S100 radio will be next. Should be able to get it for around $500 from aliexpress, while I'll be into an 8,4 for like $800, and I'll be able to get nav on the S100. The only downside is no SiriusXM which I really like.
Post some pics when you get that project going. Interesting project.

I love the IDEA of SiriusXM... but when you live in and around lots of trees... SXM is kinda no bueno.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Post some pics when you get that project going. Interesting project.

I love the IDEA of SiriusXM... but when you live in and around lots of trees... SXM is kinda no bueno.
Will do, but it wont be for a while. My sirius subscription doesn't run out until June of next year, and considering what you pay a year for it I won't waste it.

I'll miss it though. Commercials are for poor people :LOL:

·
Registered
113 Posts
EDIT: Added to 2015 instead of 2014. No clue how to delete, mods please remove

So I never had any plans on doing this swap because my truck is only a reg cab, but I found this console with the console shifter out of a totalled 2013 1500 Sport 2 hours away for $450 CDN and had to jump on it. End up having to buy a new bucket, front bracket, and bucket matt from the dealer for a shocking $200, so I'm in it about $650. In saying this if anyone wants a console shifter I've got one for sale haha.

I feel I got a good deal. There is a couple white dots on the leather, the gloss black radio bezel has a lot of micro scratches, and the previous owner must have has kids the kicked the back of it up pretty good and left a few scuff marks, but I'm not too concerned because I'll never see them.

Install was relatively easy. Took about an hour to swap the radio bezel with all the inserts over to the new one, and then about 3 hours to pull the seats, put the console in, and bolt it all back together, included mounting the two other 12v plugs.

Prepare yourself, a lot of pictures.

Here's the ad I saw

Basically stock interior before:

Radio bezel removed - Found it weird I have the plug for the 115V outlet hidden behind the dash. Of coarse it doesn't work, still odd that it's there on a base truck.

New bezel on

Front bracket on - primed and painted because they all come bare metal for some stupid reason

Mid swap

Rear bracket - also primed and painted

When you do the swap, you end up with two 12V plugs behind the dash that you have no where to plug into. I didn't want to waste them, so I punch a hole into the dash.

Here it is done - looks factory to me

The other plug i hid under the front of the console with my dash cam plugged into. Hopefully the cam never breaks because it will not be fun getting it back out.

And done! :smileup:

What a beaut!

Probably the highest end interior out there with roll up windows haha
good job bro, i myself bought a tradesman and looking to upgrade everything myself:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice job ! Sure looks factory :smileup:
Can't wait to see the power windows & locks mod!

Haha I've actually got a set of bolt on power windows that slide over the window crank gear, plus the tool to remove the fasteners, and have had them in the box for over a year. Not sure if I will ever install them. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good job bro, i myself bought a tradesman and looking to upgrade everything myself:smiley_thumbs_up:
Thanks man. This was one of my favourite mods so far

Nice, I did the same on my 2010 crew cab.
Did you hook up the rear vents? I've got 1 of the 2 pieces and was debating on doing it. Apparently you've got to cut into the vents under the dash or something, and seemed like to much extra work for me

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Nice job
Though i wonder what the front camera is for, are you going to film the bottom of the dashboard , or am i missing something ?

That floor console looks like it was out of a 2009 - 2012 Ram 1500, or possibly a 2013 Ram 2500 - 5500 model ?? Definitely pre ZF 8 speed

In the next couple of months, i have to figure out how the top & sides of the full floor console come apart, where the screws & clips are that hold the side panels on ?
I need to remove the cb radio & some other stuff from inside there on my 2009 & install it the exact same way in a 2016 Ram.
I didn't do the original install & the guy that did do it is no longer is in the electronics business :(

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice job
Though i wonder what the front camera is for, are you going to film the bottom of the dashboard , or am i missing something ?

That floor console looks like it was out of a 2009 - 2012 Ram 1500, or possibly a 2013 Ram 2500 - 5500 model ?? Definitely pre ZF 8 speed

In the next couple of months, i have to figure out how the top & sides of the full floor console come apart, where the screws & clips are that hold the side panels on ?
I need to remove the cb radio & some other stuff from inside there on my 2009 & install it the exact same way in a 2016 Ram.
I didn't do the original install & the guy that did do it is no longer is in the electronics business :(

[/URL][/IMG]
The camera is up behind the mirror recording the road ahead. The wire for power runs above the head liner, down the A-pillar, under the steering column, and now plugs into a hidden 12V plug underneath the console/radio.

The console came out of a 2013 1500 Sport with a 6 speed shifter in the console, or so I was told by the seller. I'm fairly certain its out of a 2013 at least because I don't think the 09-12 console will match up with the 13-15 radio bezel, though I could be wrong. The guy I bought it off of bought the totalled truck and parted it out. Unless he said it was out of a 1500 to attract more of a crowd, which is possible, but I'm not to concerned.

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
Good write up:rep:

I have actually thought of replacing my console with the bench seat, but I don't want to lose my console safe

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.