DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago I had the GoodYear dealer perform a scheduled rotation and balance. I asked them to pay special attention to the front tires due to a out of balance feel. I was told that the wheel in the drivers side front would not balance at all due to a bent wheel.

They suggested that I run the wheel in the rear until I would be able to replace it. They were able to get it close so it was not too bad but I could still feel the vibration in the rear.

I just replaced a my wheel 2 days ago and I had the tech show me both the new bare rim and the old bare rim on the balance spinner and the old wheel does not spin true, it goes up and down, so the wheel is bent.

The only thing is that I see no damage on the wheel and since I am the only one that has driven my truck and I did not hit any curbs or anything else for that matter I wonder if these wheels will bend from just normal driving?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
it's possible a pot hole got it just right, it does not take very much to bent the lips of the wheels and throw them out of whack. I used to see it a lot when i worked at a tire shop when i was younger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts