DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of you guys have lowering kits on your trucks and I think its time my R/T stops sticking its butt in the air! :SHOCKED: I noticed the most common choice seems to be Belltech, am I wrong? What kit do you lowered guys think is best, especially in terms of ride quality?

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
Belltech beeches!!!

Well I have the kit, heard it was the best so far. But still debating on which shocks to run. I REALLY like the Edelbrock IAS... but $400 for a set of shocks... owie on the wallet.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Belltech beeches!!!
Another BellTech vote!!!
Hmm..that definitely answers my questions! Thanks guys! :smileup: now I just need to find a good price on it and a good shop to install it!

You guys are gonna think this is crazy...but the thought of raising my truck entered my mind..:LOL: I've always wanted a lifted truck! My dream is a lifted Cummins someday :D

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
It is pretty easy to do yourself if you have a good jack and jackstands!!!!!! I did mine without instructions (left them at home on accident) in 4 hours!! Got mine from jegs for 413 shipped, came in 4 days!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? I'm relatively stupid though...also, don't I need to get it aligned afterwards anyway?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aha, and I gotta a local shop that does suspension and alignment so maybe I'll just have them do both if they price it reasonably. Do you know if this will need constant re alignments? Or if it voids warrenty?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, sounds good! It might take a bit longer than I thought for me to get this lowering kit, cause I ran into some money issues...unless of course one of y'all wanna buy it for me! :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe I'll sell my spare tire :LOL: or...just wait a month or two :) getting rid of your sidesteps was a good idea though!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're right, I should do it myself. I'll call the shop though and see how much they charge for an alignment, and how much they charge for the whole thing. They'll probably end up charging a lot for putting it on so I'll get my dad to help me out.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey that's good to know! I've heard of guys spending $100 on a alignments, so for an extra $50, I'd gladly have them do it for me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts